Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Bankruptcys

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Bankruptcys

I filed bankruptcy chapter 7 in Feb 2013.
I was scheduled to go to a court in Trenton and then it got changed to Newark. Now it is being reported as 2 Bankruptcys on one of my credit reports. I have tried to tell the credit report that I only had one case. Both cases have same number. I told them I couldn't have been in 2 places on same day and I only filed one case (both appear as Feb 11th 2013) They completed their investigation and all they did wad change the Trenton one to Feb 1st 2013. The Trenton one shouldn't even be on there because the venue wad changed. How can I get this one off my report.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Bankruptcys

Can you contact Trenton?  I think they would need to take it off.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call Trenton, they told me I had to sort it out. They wouldn't help me.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re Re: 2 Bankruptcys

I did call Trenton, they told me I had to sort it out. They wouldn't help me.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a CFPB complaint on each credit bureau and send in your supporting documentation. It’ll prompt someone at the bureaus to actually review your report instead of the automated dispute system.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what a CFBP is.
I sent in all the documentation by certified mail. They just aren't listening to what I'm saying. I got a reply in the mail today saying we have confirmed the bankruptcy is yours.. I never disputed it wasn't mine. I told them they were both the same case number so there can only be one discharge.. hence should be one public record.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said contact the CFBP.  I have been dealing with them for awhile with something on my report and they keep saying it is valid but it isn't.  I need to contact the CFBP.  I even left a note explaining what the issue is and they just ignored it.  They also took more than 30 days to review it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax should be sued. The fair credit person wants everyone who has had a problem with Equifax to call and let them know. I think they are working towards a class action lawsuit. Expedia and Transunion have been great but Equifax is a freaking nightmare.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Experian.. not Expedia. Darn autocorrect lol
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.