Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 More Weeks Until My 341

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 More Weeks Until My 341

On August 20th, my Chapter 13 case was converted to a Chapter 7. This last year and a half has been a complete emotional roller coaster. I filed back in May of 2018, then lost my job in March of this year, and then my father died in June. When I tell you guys that this all hurts, I mean it. Fortunately, I found a new job in May this year and only took a $3k pay cut. I barely even see the difference.

I used to be on these forums regularly. I rebuilt my credit and got so many credit cards over the years. Total limits equaled $137k. I went into a bunch of debt, now here I am.

When I get this behind me, my promise to myself is to never be a slave to credit again. It is a brutal master. While I realize that it is important to rebuild post BK, I still associate debt with credit cards (I know that's not how I should look at it). I just know that I don't ever want to be back here again. EVER...

So I'm nervous about the 341...I don't know why as I've already been through it once for my 13, so I'll have to do it again for the converted 7. I can't wait to move forward and be a better steward over my finances. Already creating a new budget, etc. I've never spent any time on this section of the boards. I'm learning a lot.

Cheers to everyone who's recovering or has recovered from BK. One more lesson in life that teaches us that everything that’s permissible isn’t necessarily good.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 2 More Weeks Until My 341

Well I wish you the best. I gave up all my cards back in 2005. I almost got into trouble. But a back injury settlement paid off all the cards and I swore never again to have a CC. But as time went by. You get older and wiser. And many auto loans later. You need a credit card to even rent a car. I came here and learned all the tricks and have been fine for 4 yrs since I had to file over taxes. I'll never go back as I did back then. I know how to play the game. You cant afford it. Dont charge it. Save for what you want , use your CB card. get rewarded and move on. Save for the next thing you want. Repeat. Gives you a great feeling. And no interest paid yet. Why have a cash back card. Then lose your cash back paying interest? (uless its an emergency) Duh. Maybe on your next rebuild you'll have a different look at how the game works and you'll be fine. Sorry about what life threw at you. It will all pass. It can only get better!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're so friggin awesome and optimistic to boot. I read your comments and your threads. You give a lot of great advice. It's awesome to have folks on here like you who truly can relate. Nowhere but up from here. And you're right...As much as I hate to admit it, all these friggin funerals and expenses I've incurred traveling out of town for has taught me that I at least need to have one or two credit cards. I'm just soooooo on this "let it only be a secured card" mindset right now. We shall see. You definitely inspire me! 

Cheers!

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're so friggin awesome and optimistic to boot. I read your comments and your threads. You give a lot of great advice. It's awesome to have folks on here like you who truly can relate. Nowhere but up from here. And you're right...As much as I hate to admit it, all these friggin funerals and expenses I've incurred traveling out of town for has taught me that I at least need to have one or two credit cards. I'm just soooooo on this "let it only be a secured card" mindset right now. We shall see. You definitely inspire me! 

Cheers!

Well thank you very much. Just like working the streets. A thank you goes a long way with me. Glad I could lift up your spirits. 5 years from now you'll look back and say. Hmmmm. It really sucked then. But look at me now! Same applied to me back then. Now I say look at me now! Not too darn shabby. Why didnt I have the mindset now, back then. But its hind site now. You'll get there again. No doubt. But in better shape than you are now. And you'll know better on how to handle this whacked out crazy credit world. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Just remember to keep the fear of debt mindset when you come out and start your rebuild.  You'll be okay.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I appreciate you. Definitely don't want to be back here again.
Message 6 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Just remember - it happens to a lot of people.  If you learn from it then it has worked.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.