Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Year Anniversary Coming Up Soon

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

2 Year Anniversary Coming Up Soon

I can't believe that it will be two years since I filed for BK. I filed back in May 7, 2019 according to my old CRs, so 3 more days and I reach that milestone. It's also hard to believe that in less than that time I was able to get my scores near the good rating overall. Not quite in the 700s yet, but I'm patient. A lot of the credit I applied for was at the very beginning as soon as my discharge was posted so I could have the advantage of letting all those accounts age together, so any future sprees wouldn't have as much of an impact long-term.

I wonder what kinds of opportunities might open up from here after I pass that milestone and when August comes around, which was when the discharge was fully approved?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Year Anniversary Coming Up Soon

Congrats on your upcoming 2 year anniversary! Your trade lines look nice. Navy will probably starting growing pretty quickly especially after you got 10K with Penfed. That's quite impressive looking at your other limits.

How old are your Mercury and Ollo cards? Do you put any spend on them? I have both. I don't think either lets you ask for CLIs but Ollo went from $300 to an auto CLI to $1,500 and that was back in summer 2019. Nothing since. I did finally get an offer for 6 months of 0% APR from them so I put some heavy spend on it hoping they'll throw another bone my way soon. Mercury has done two auto CLIs too. One from $2,500 to $3,000 and then again to $3,750. Ollo is about 2.5 years and Mercury almost 2 years.

Message 2 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your upcoming 2 year anniversary! Your trade lines look nice. Navy will probably starting growing pretty quickly especially after you got 10K with Penfed. That's quite impressive looking at your other limits.

How old are your Mercury and Ollo cards? Do you put any spend on them? I have both. I don't think either lets you ask for CLIs but Ollo went from $300 to an auto CLI to $1,500 and that was back in summer 2019. Nothing since. I did finally get an offer for 6 months of 0% APR from them so I put some heavy spend on it hoping they'll throw another bone my way soon. Mercury has done two auto CLIs too. One from $2,500 to $3,000 and then again to $3,750. Ollo is about 2.5 years and Mercury almost 2 years.

My Mission Lane and Ollo Cards I got back in December 2019. I've only had one CLI and that was with Ollo and it wasn't by very much, just $100 after my Williams Sonoma card had started reporting last summer. I also had larger balances on them for a while, but that's not an issue now. Now I'm just running small monthly charges on each and paying in full at this point. 

And thanks so much! Yeah the Penfed limit was a shocking instant approval I got about two months ago now, so I'm really hoping NFCU will grow just like that card soon. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 13
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild @chalupaman 

Having received my discharge a little under 2 months ago, it is very refreshing to read stories like yours. 

For a long time I resisted the unavoidable because of the stigma behind BK but after everything, I just wish I would have done it sooner.

Now I am just looking forward to my year mark and how much progress I can make by then. 

Message 4 of 13
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@anniea4001 wrote:

Having received my discharge a little under 2 months ago, it is very refreshing to read stories like yours. 

For a long time I resisted the unavoidable because of the stigma behind BK but after everything, I just wish I would have done it sooner.

Now I am just looking forward to my year mark and how much progress I can make by then. 

My informal "I wish/I regret" poll-O-meter says for every person claiming they regret filing either a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13, ten others say they wish they'd done it sooner.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 5 of 13
anniea4001
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

@Horseshoez well, good to see someone is keeping scores lol

From all the reading I have done here, I can see how those numbers make sense. 

I honestly wish I had found this forum much much sooner. 

@Horseshoez wrote:

@anniea4001 wrote:

My informal "I wish/I regret" poll-O-meter says for every person claiming they regret filing either a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13, ten others say they wish they'd done it sooner.

Message 6 of 13
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@anniea4001 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

@Horseshoez well, good to see someone is keeping scores lol

From all the reading I have done here, I can see how those numbers make sense. 

I honestly wish I had found this forum much much sooner. 

@Horseshoez wrote:

@anniea4001 wrote:

You and me both my friend.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 7 of 13
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@anniea4001 wrote:

Yup. I've been there too, especially in one of the old jobs I had. There was so much pressure at that time not to file and lots of preconceived notions about how the process actually works or whether it was even moral to those people. I wish I hadn't listened to any of them at that time. It took a sheriff knocking at my door hard one day and a letter in the mail for a BK lawyer coming in the next day to get me to finally bite the bullet and it was the best decision I ever made hands down. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, my file date was 5/06/19. It's actually kind of scary how similar my profile and limits are to yours. 

Congrats on the 2 years!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

I can't believe that it will be two years since I filed for BK. I filed back in May 7, 2019 according to my old CRs, so 3 more days and I reach that milestone. It's also hard to believe that in less than that time I was able to get my scores near the good rating overall. Not quite in the 700s yet, but I'm patient. A lot of the credit I applied for was at the very beginning as soon as my discharge was posted so I could have the advantage of letting all those accounts age together, so any future sprees wouldn't have as much of an impact long-term.

I wonder what kinds of opportunities might open up from here after I pass that milestone and when August comes around, which was when the discharge was fully approved?

Congrats on your rebuild progress and soon to be anniversary 🥂 🎉 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.