Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 years after bankruptcy chapter 7 and fico score 623

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 years after bankruptcy chapter 7 and fico score 623

Its been 2 years since my bankruptcy cleared and I want to buy a house by the end of this year.  My score is only 623, how can I get it up to 700 by November 08?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: 2 years after bankruptcy chapter 7 and fico score 623

pay everything on time, keep utilization low on credit cards.  If you have none, try to get a couple rebuilder cards and always pay on time, leaving maybe a 10.00 balance on each month. 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

it doesn't hurt to challenge some items in your report, especially collections of the past that were there before the discharge.

also, make sure all the discharged accounts have a $0 balance and says included in bk.

make sure there are no duplicates of accounts, like two collections collecting for the same account.

re-builder cards, like granny said, to be kept in good standing for about 6 months to a year. don't use more than a third of the available credit so that you'll have good utilization and your scores will go up instead of down.

once you have about 2 or three accounts in good standing for about a year, then that should give you a boost.
Message 3 of 5
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

That OP's post was from 2008!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.