Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 yr post bk slump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 yr post bk slump

I'm 2 years post bk7 but my scores aren't moving. The accounts that I have are at zero balance and the only time I see movement in my score is if I let them report usage. 

I am an au on about 12 cards but the utilization on them are high as the account owner is currently going through job loss due to covid. 

should I remain an au on the cards and wait out effects on the report. Or just ask to be removed? Do you think that will impact my score? 

on my own I have 7 credit cards and 1 installment loan and a student loan. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 yr post bk slump

Remove yourself as an AU. High usage will override any age/limit gains they might otherwise give you. Use your cards as you see fit, but pay off all of them before the statements cut except for one. Let that one card report $10 or so. Make sure it's a bank card, not a credit union or a store card.

Do that and don't apply for anything else. As time passes, your scores will rise.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Welcome to the myFico community! 

If you are comfortable in sharing some additional info, that may be very helpful. If you can tell us what your current scores are at each bureau (and where you are getting those scores from), which cards you currently have (not the AU cards), the limit on each and the current balance, the car payment, student loan payment (even if it's deferred) and your gross monthly income that will give us a better picture. Also, anything bad on your reports since the discharge? Late payments, collections, leins, etc? 

Congrats on establishing 7 accounts and the auto and student loan installment accounts during your rebuild. IMHO I would get off of those AU accounts asap. High utilization on an Au card can definitly affect your scores in a negative way. In many cases the account holder can go online and remove you at the banks site. It took about two statement cycles for me to see the removal of my AU status on my reports.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Here  is my profile without Au.

PayPal 2k (bal 1500) just used but will pay to zero before statement. 

navy 500

disco 250

Merrick 1200

credit one 600. (Bal 4 dollars charged for not using card). 
firestone 2k 

wayfair 2k (I just saw that it closed dropping my score 14pts). (Bal 390)
Student 37000.    (Deferred)

cloc 5000

Personal loan 4000

Last inquiries in March 2020 and October 2019. No new accounts in 20months. 

FICO scores from membership dashboard.

transunion 617

equifax       596

experian     571

since the bk I have had no lates and 1 derogatory from an account that was added on from bk7. They reported this year that I have a zero balance &charged off on bk7 but it's open.   I disputed it and they refuse to remove it. So, it shows as 1 derogatory account with no balance. 

Gross monthly 4700. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the additional info. Clearly you are making progress. I really think you will see a nice jump when those AU cards are in the rearview mirror. All that heavy utilization has got to be weighing you down. Consider dumping that Credit One card when you can as well. After a year the card serves it's purpose in a rebuild but to pay all the steep fees again is expensive. Your money card is at Navy. Treat them right and they will blow you away with their generosity. Is that card a secured nRewards? How long have you had the Navy card?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.