tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

200 Points jump!

DIscharged early May. Lifelock then gave me these scores:

EQ: 492

EX: 509

TU: 505

In June the EQ went to 501. I just checked today and it jumped to 697. I have no idea why.

I have opened a secured card at a credit union exactly one month ago. It should hit my reports on the 31st and hasn't hit yet.

The only thing I can think of that might have changed are the 3 collections and the civil judgment of bankruptcy might have gotten removed.

I just can't imagine what would cause as much as 200 points jump. That is on Vantage Score 3.0.

Anyone know what scoring system Lifelock uses for EX and TU?

Unfortunately my credit union uses EX, so this won't help me get an auto loan any earlier than 6 months.

I sure hope they don't put anything back on that they took off. It takes over 2 years to get that much improvement. Sure hoping it hits my other reports, too. I can't check them for another week.

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 200 Points jump!

@StartinOver wrote:

DIscharged early May. Lifelock then gave me these scores:

EQ: 492

EX: 509

TU: 505

In June the EQ went to 501. I just checked today and it jumped to 697. I have no idea why.

I have opened a secured card at a credit union exactly one month ago. It should hit my reports on the 31st and hasn't hit yet.

The only thing I can think of that might have changed are the 3 collections and the civil judgment of bankruptcy might have gotten removed.

I just can't imagine what would cause as much as 200 points jump. That is on Vantage Score 3.0.

Anyone know what scoring system Lifelock uses for EX and TU?

Unfortunately my credit union uses EX, so this won't help me get an auto loan any earlier than 6 months.

I sure hope they don't put anything back on that they took off. It takes over 2 years to get that much improvement. Sure hoping it hits my other reports, too. I can't check them for another week.

You said these are your vantage scores.  I would try to check my fico scores and see where they are.

You can use https://www.creditchecktotal.com/ and try the $1 dollar trial to get your scores.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.