tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Months Post BK Discharge Update!!

Day of Discharge - 5/22/2017

Fico 8 6/5/2017: EQ: 608, TU: 576, EX: 578

As of 9/1/2017: EQ: 655, TU: 628, EX: 648

Right now I have the Following Accounts

Capital One Quicksilver (3 Months): $600 - This Account started as Platinum with a $500 SL. I got the 3 month love button for an extra 100. I put a decent amount of spend through it and paid 0 interest on it. I actually just upgraded it today from Platinum to Quicksilver with no AF. Credit Steps should still be in place.

Victoria's Secret (3 Months): $250 - Still My Baby Card. They refuse to give in to a CLI. I have charged $20-$40 at a time on it and then paid it off. Still no love will try again on the 5th after my 3rd payment due date.

Overstock Store Card (2.5 Months): $800 - Started at $500, got a $300 just recently. Only made one 50 purchase on it so far. This will become my card reporting at zero once it updates.

DiscoverIt NHL Card (1 Month) - $1,200 - Has become my main card. I have been putting some good spending through this card trying to get that Discover Love. I did just hit 31days and didn't get CLI love. Will try again around 61days.

Cabela's Visa (N/A) - $??? - Was Approved on 8/21/18. Didn't get the card yet nor did I call in to get my SL. I grabbed this card because it will become part of the Capital One family and I will be hoping to move whatever CL I have on this card to another Cap One card if I don't get the CLI love that Cap One can give.

Amex BCE (1 Month) - $10,000 - My GF card, I am a Authorized User on this card. Simply using this card to get more "available" credit. Also hope it helps get back in with Amex but I have since heard that it does nothing to help. I may wait until I hit around 10k in credit on my own and have her remove me as I don't want to have any AU accounts if they arent needed.

All together my Credit Scores should be around 8points higher on average. I'm actually in the process of switching the card that reports $0 and im in the middle of that right now. I have all cards that are reporting showing a balance. However, I only have a balance on my Disco Card for 18$ which I am paying today and the VS card for about 34$ that will also be paid off. Don't think anything will update in time for the September 5th repull of the credit reports. I will be taking a 3month gardening trip at that point. I'm going to shut of my fico report until the turn of the year and just build my AAoA and hopefully add some Credit Limit to it.

I have averaged about 55 points increase across the three bureaus in the last 3 months and hoping to jump up another 20 or so by the end of the year. So far I have been sending in GW's trying to get as many of the old lates removed as possible and the only one that worked so far was on some really old Capital One accounts that were going to drop anyways. Barclays said no way and I did pull the trigger to see if I was blacklisted from them and I am. I havent heard anything from Jared yet. Has anyone tried Chase or a Car Loan account? I also need to try Kohl's.

I think I might try Barclay's once more time, has anyone had any luck with them??

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Months Post BK Discharge Update!!

Congratulations on your progress, Synicaal! That's awesome! Smiley Happy

You have some good cards to build on, Cap1, Discover, Cabelas. Not sure about moving the Cabelas limit to your QS down the road, though. They might look at that Cabelas card differently. My husband is waiting until it becomes a Cap1 card before he apps for it. 

If I recall correctly, VS didn't give my first CLI until 7 months or so after opening. I've since closed it.

Looking forward to seeing your rebuilding journey! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild progress so far! You have some great cards already that should grow with you. Three months post BK with 5 revolvers, I would just garden for a bit right now. Have you thought about picking up a small installment loan? That should help with mix of credit

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Congrats on your rebuild progress so far! You have some great cards already that should grow with you. Three months post BK with 5 revolvers, I would just garden for a bit right now. Have you thought about picking up a small installment loan? That should help with mix of credit

Thanks for the suggestion but I actually do have a student loan reporting for my current installment loan. Its a very small amount and I'm trying to keep it in play for another year or so when I make a car purchase. I want a nice Down Payment before I make that purchase though.

Also to the other poster thanks for the Cabela's tip, I might just keep it in that case. Combining them at some point was only a thought so either way is fine by me. Once I balance out I don't want to have 20 cards I'd like to have 3 or 4 really good cards and then maybe 2 or so store cards. Overstock will be gone at some point as I don't plan to use it often. The VS card is for my Girlfriend. Some girls love flowers mine loves the 7/$28 sales lol.

Also I am gardening for awhile now. Just going to let everything age and hopefully gain a few CLI's along the way. If Discover grows how I know it can then I might not app for anything for even longer then my plan now. I'd really like to try for the Marvel Card but my score doesn't warrant it at this time. Plus I want to get the AAoA way up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.