cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months out of chapter 7 discharge - PenFed Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 months out of chapter 7 discharge - PenFed Approved!

Hi,

I just want to share some information. I kind forgot that I opened a savings with PenFed back on 2016. I recently discharged a chapter 7 on April of this year. So yesterday, I got an email for my savings statement and decidied to go log on (I forgot all of that). Anyways, I applied for the power cash and was approved for $5000. 
43332438-D9BC-4457-A905-BAD025D3E2E0.jpeg

I pretty sure this was highly based on the relationship I started with them back in 2016. I put 10 bucks on that savings and never touched it. I tried back in 2016 for this card and was denied, which is weird since my credit was much better. It was a fast approval, no reviews or documentation needed.

Current line up 

Target - $300 opened April after discharge and reports were updated 

Golden1 CU - $600 Secured - Opened on April after discharge 

OpenSky - $300 Opened on April (plan to close) 

Mercury Masterard -$3000 unsecured 1% cash back (shocking) opened this month through credit karma preapproval. 

0% utilization on all cards for now. Hope this helps anyone out there that may have some CU membership they completely forgot about. Still have my fingers 🤞🏼Until the card arrives.  

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: 3 months out of chapter 7 discharge - PenFed Approved!

@Anonymous  Congratulations on your approval. Might want to remove your personal info.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero  Thanks, I marked it up. I believe that number is generic since everything I got on email is different in terms of numbers. 

Message 3 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, I've edited your initial post to remove the image.  Feel free to edit the post to re-insert the image once your name has been covered or removed. Smiley Wink

--UB

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Mods. The numbers on the snip was generic, but nonetheless, thanks for the swift action on removal. 

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB thank you, let me know if that new one is okay. I'm still learning my way around here. Thanks! 

Message 7 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB thank you, let me know if that new one is okay. I'm still learning my way around here. Thanks! 

That's perfect.  The number on the card was OK (you're right that it was generic) but your full name at the top was the reason for the snip.

Oh, and welcome! welcome.gif

Message 8 of 28
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and great work!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80  Thank you! I'm going to build up my score and try Cap one and Discover down the road. I have zero chance right now since I IIB them both. I'll just let these cards age some and continue being patient. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.