cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months out of chapter 7 discharge - PenFed Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 months out of chapter 7 discharge - PenFed Approved!

@KINGTRAUMATIC  I spoke too soon. I just checked my Credit Karma and it's new on there. It shows Pentagon Fcu - Alexand. Not sure what Alexand means but they only hard pulled Equifax. 

Message 21 of 28
KINGTRAUMATIC
Valued Member

Good to know it’s still only Equifax. I guess they no longer care if you’re  2 years post bk, or maybe your profile was really appealing. Hopefully more users report approvals!

Message 22 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KINGTRAUMATIC  I spoke too soon. I just checked my Credit Karma and it's new on there. It shows Pentagon Fcu - Alexand. Not sure what Alexand means but they only hard pulled Equifax. 

Alexand means "Alexandria, VA".  Thats where the pull initiated from their financial center. 

Message 23 of 28
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Nice!!  I got that same savings statement. Thanks for the reminder/mention because I'd forgotten all about this.

This acct was opened as my First Bank card was being purchased by PenFed.  This was all happening as my BK was going through. PenFed sent me stuff on the upcoming transfer of that Visa card.  Then suddely, the backpedalling began & they said the card was a no-go.  LOL...can't blame them

But...they kept this little savings acct they opened for me with $5 in it!

I think this just might be a nice little start for my post-BK rebuild.  I might just start transferring a little cash here & there into it, then maybe when I file my taxes for 2020, have a checking acct open by then & have that DD into it.

Just created my login & I don't see any offers, but my DC was only a month & 1/2 ago!

Baby steps.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 24 of 28
KINGTRAUMATIC
Valued Member

@BungalowMo your savings account # is your membership #, you have to keep it open to maintain membership.

Message 25 of 28
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I found that after I posted!  Just did an edit.

I only have the one statement & I had no idea where they had it on the paper!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 26 of 28
wantitgone
Contributor

Congrats!

I just opened a PenFed savings. I'm wondering where the "offers" people refer to are specifically located? When I am on the home page, I see a banner and there's a "learn more" for the Penfed Gold and when I go to account actions, I see "Other offers", but the card one isn't listed. Where should I be looking to make sure it's an actual offer? Thanks!

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 01/31/2023 ~~ EQ: 693, TU: 677, EX: 678

NFCU CLOC $1,000

Apple Card 4,500
Williams Sonoma $1,250
NFCU CashRewards $2,500
NFCU Flagship $12,100
Navy Federal Platinum $25,000
PenFed Pathfinder $12,500
Kemba CU Platinum $3,500
Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) $1500
Paypal Credit $850
Capital One QS $2,000
Capital One Spark $2,000
Overstock Store Card $2,150

AAoA: EQ - 7y9mo, TU - 7y8mo, EX - 5yr7mo (as of 01/31/2023); INQ are 2 EQ, 6 TU, and 5 EX.

New Auto Loan with NFCU (May 2022): 32k for 3.49%/60 months

My DPs: as of January 2023, I am full-time employed, 55k/year, 2 federal consolidated loans plus 3 new student loans, had perfect payment history with 0 derogs until 90 day lates prior to filing BK in March 2019.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wantitgone  Thanks! Based on my experience, I didn't have or see any offers. I did a cold app and got it. Maybe there was an offer, but I didn't see anything. Given the amount of time I've had my membership with them, I took the risk of applying and it paid off. I've heard others actually have offers on here. I'm just sharing my experience. I just got the card in the mail yesterday. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.