Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 moths post discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 moths post discharge

I'm currently 3 moths post discharge bk 7
I have a local CU secured credit card and open sky secured credit card and also rebuilder loan with same credit union .
My fico score experian 561 Trasnunion 561
And equifax 571 I'm not sure if I should
Apply for a regular credit card or if I should wait for a bit longer any advised please help
Also I have a auto loan with prestige for 27.000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 3 moths post discharge

My advice is that your scores are too low for any other cards right now. I would garden 3 more months, and see at that time what your FICO scores are.

You also need to pull all 3 of your reports from the CRA, and make sure anything that was IIB (included in BK), are reporting correctly. They should report $0 ball/IIB for every single acct included.

If they arent reporting that way, thats bringing your scores down now, so make sure!!

Also...every month on your two CC's, you only want ONE of those reporting a small balance, between 1-9% only!! The other card at $0 bal. If you utilization is high right now, and you're carrying high balances on both of your cards, thats hurting you too!!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ....
My utilization is 0% on both of my CC
All my accounts show IIB but where it's states
The balance. It shows nothing is this ok or should I dispute that cause all my account show nothing as a balance but it does not state. 0 I think this is on equifax in not sure on the others.
Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yes, thats fine...As long as the acts say IIB and whatever your chapter was, and in the balance section it should be $0/or nothing.
Also if both your CC's are at 0% util, thats not good either, in FICO scoring eyes. ONE card should report a small balance each month and the balance between 1-9% for opitmal scoring. do that and I bet you see a small bump in scores. In 3 months Id say your scores should hit 600.

Are you 7 or 13?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank I will do that. I'm 7 I had my CU card for about for moths I had carry a balance 10% moths prior my open sky just started to report
This moth. I paid. I have read a lot in here and the suscees on people getting capita one post discharge witch I did after discharge but was denied with out a HP I burn them with a secured card for 500 I was think of applying before my post here after your advice I will wait 3 moths more hopefully my scores will be better.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep checking the prequal site on Cap1. When it says it has something for you, go for it. It will help to get a 3rd card.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I got a pre approved credit from
Merrick bank 600 start CL double CL in 7 moths to 1200 should I apply to make it
My 3rd credit card I have read. It's a decent
Rebuilder card.
Message 7 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Joortiz3 wrote:
Today I got a pre approved credit from
Merrick bank 600 start CL double CL in 7 moths to 1200 should I apply to make it
My 3rd credit card I have read. It's a decent
Rebuilder card.

Yes you should apply.  Merrick Bank is much better than some of the others out thre, like First Premier and Credit One.  Merrick Bank offers are solid.  They only send out invitations to apply for their unsecured cards. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I will apply I'll post the results shortly thanks.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I was looking over the pre approval
Letter. And realize it has my mothers maiden name as my last name while experian and equifax show my correct name Trasnunion shows my mothers maiden.
My question is should I go ahead and apply with my correct last names or apply as it shows in the latter what I don't want is for the other to CB to show a change of name as I had fix that issue already but didn't have any luck with Trasnunion any advise? Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.