Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting Completed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting Completed

I had my 341 meeting this morning (Southern District of Texas) and everything was over in a blink of an eye (~ 5 mins). As reported by others users the trustee asked me standard questions and said she is filing a Report of No Distribution (btw already showing on Pacer) and I'm in the 60 day club. Thanks for all the info and conversations from other members on this board. I look forward to my rebuild.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 341 Meeting Completed

Congrats. Wait till the DC has been finalized before applying and then go and start the rebuild slowly. Spread out apps. Slow and steady. You'll be fine.

Message 2 of 13
neoanderson1
Valued Member

Best of luck with the entire process. I have been slowly working up the courage to file. This forum has been so helpful to me. I'm mostly a lurker but I look at every post I come across. Please keep us updates and start working on your rebuild ASAP. There is even a thread for it.

Discover More:12,5k
Bank of America 1,2,3 8500
Amex Delta Gold: 1000
Chase Freedom: 3500 Gardening til Jan 2017
Message 3 of 13
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, now you just play the waiting game until your DC. Then the fun starts, looking forward to seeing your successful rebuild story!Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 4 of 13
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Nugg3t, 

Congratsulations on surviving the 341 meeting.  While waiting for your discharge, I would start building a savings nest egg and start looking for a credit union and bank that are bankruptcy friendly.

Guyatthebach

Message 5 of 13
neoanderson1
Valued Member

What kind of questions does the trustee ask? How was the environment. I plan to file soon (within the next couple of months). I will discharge as much debt as humanly possible (everything under the sun) for a brand new and fresh start in life. So what was the process like and did any of your creditors actually show up?

Discover More:12,5k
Bank of America 1,2,3 8500
Amex Delta Gold: 1000
Chase Freedom: 3500 Gardening til Jan 2017
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasnt up there in front of him for very long at all before it was done. I was about 3rd to last and I was in and out in about an hour 45 min. The
creditor asked me yes or no questions mostly confirming the info in my paperwork. He did ask one question about my ex husband name on my house which was taken care of a long time ago so he's not on there. I explained divorce and he signed that I kept house. Otherwise I said yes and no.

There was a room full of other people who filed and their attorneys. It has a long table in the middle front of the room which the trustee and his assistant sat at. They had a tape recorder. Each person was called and went up with their attorney and answered usually the same confirmation questions and they left. The attorneys didnt say a word on most of them. A couple times the attorney spoke to say they'd get a misc from to the court that was missing. The trustee even told a few of them not to reaffirm their cars because they weren't worth anything. Lol He laughed at one person saying their dog was worthless. He only gave one person a little bit of a hard time which it was their second meeting because it was obvious she was trying to be shady.

One creditor showed up only because the person was a renter and they wanted to confirm that they had moved out... they confirmed they moved two days prior to the meeting and that was that.

We watched a short video.

You do need your photo I'd and social security card and proof of ins if you own a car. There may be other forms of I'd allowed but those were the two I took. I dont own a car and didnt have ins.

Message 7 of 13
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

@neoanderson1 wrote:

What kind of questions does the trustee ask? How was the environment. I plan to file soon (within the next couple of months). I will discharge as much debt as humanly possible (everything under the sun) for a brand new and fresh start in life. So what was the process like and did any of your creditors actually show up

The trustee ask the exact same general questions your lawyer ask you, so dont worry nothing new. Its usually a ton of people in the waiting room, and they call each one into another room with the trustee. You spend most your time waiting, and literally 5 to 7 mins with the trustee. Easy breezy! Definitely dont worry about creditors showing up, they have better things to do. lol!!!Smiley LOL

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just fyi so you arent suprised... since Novas experience was different than mine... we didnt wait in a waiting room... we were all in the room together listening to each others questions. I will say though that it wasnt that embarrassing because everyone was in the same boat.
Message 9 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

When I went to my MOC the guy and his lawyer before me got a tongue lashing because the numbers didn't match. The trustee knows all the lawyers. He reemed him for bringing him a mess that didnt make sense. He told the lawyer to fix whatever was wrong and come back. The trustee then told the lawyer you must be getting old. So old that you'll be buying tennis shoes with velcro! I chuckled! Then he said quiet in the room. Ooops. Now I'm staining my drawers. I thought this was going to be a breeze. I sit down almost shaking and the trustee said finally an easy case I'll have you outa here in a minute. 4-5 questions. Done Mr. *****. Later dude! I'm going to lunch. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! It was over.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.