cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting Tomorrow and Another Question:)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting Tomorrow and Another Question:)

I know it's natural to feel nervous, so I am nervous about the meeting tomorrow. I need to be there bright and early 9:30am, I'll recheck PACER Thursday to see if it says whatever everyone else reports. I know once I have this meeting then it's a 60 day wait till I'm clean and clear. 

It feels good to not have any cards and loans. I've already noticed my budget habits changing, as well as my spending. Plus to see that I can now contribute to savings since no bills come out. 

I have a separate savings for a down payment a new car once I'm discharged. Which leads me to my question, do the car companies tell you when they're coming to get the car or is it a surprise visit?

Thanks,

Ash

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 341 Meeting Tomorrow and Another Question:)

I went thru the same emotions. Then afterwards i thought. All the stress for that? Its a piece of cake. Did you not reaffirm? And with what finance company. They all act differently. Maybe someone with the same company, same situation,  can answer your auto question. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know right, we work ourselves up so much for this little thing.

No, I didn't reaffirm because in the long run I have to get a bigger suv within the next 6 months so it wouldn't be worth it to keep the upside down loan or car. The finance company is Nissan.

Thanks,

Ash 

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know right, we work ourselves up so much for this little thing.

No, I didn't reaffirm because in the long run I have to get a bigger suv within the next 6 months so it wouldn't be worth it to keep the upside down loan or car. The finance company is Nissan.

Thanks,

Ash 

Hope it works out and hopefully another poster had Nissan in their BK and how they operate. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg so happy the meeting is done. I was so nervous but yes just like others said. I was in there and out in a jiffy. I thought it would've been in a court but it was in an office building. Standard questions; still live at the same address when you filed, all the information is correct, have you filed before, did you sign your paperwork. Make sure to have your ID and SSN and a change of address card if your address on your ID is different from your filing. My lawyer said that Nissan shouldn't touch the car until my discharge then I can call and have them come get it. I already cleaned it out so if they do come and get it I wont miss anything. 

I have a self lender account that I start paying this month, it's already started reporting. Once I discharge I'll get one card and I figure between the self lender, the credit card and car loan (which I'll get once I discharge) I should be good to build credit. 

Thanks,

Ash

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Let the rebuild begin! Takes longer to get a Egg McMuffin at Mikey D's than a meeting of creditors. LOL! Hmm. Thinking about a large mocha frappe now. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.