Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 completed this morning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 completed this morning

Hubby and I had our 341 meeting this morning. Ours went fast, took longer to get downtown and sit in a chair until our turn. Both vehicles are gone, so we are using Uber/Lyft until after discharge. Reaffirmed one loan with Conn’s on our washer/dryer. They offered 6 payments at 0% interest, and we jumped on it.

Now adjusting to life with no car. Fortunately, I work from home and hubby isn’t able to work. He is scheduled for surgery to replace two discs in his neck in October, and we are planning to rent a car to get him comfortably home. Some of our friends have been through BK in the past, and they all said the most stressful period was just getting through the 341. I am feeling some relief that the 341 is done, but I won’t breathe easy until that discharge comes. We plan to look for a car at the first of the year.

For those of you who went a few months with no car, did your car insurance rates go up between the time with no car and when you got a new one?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 341 completed this morning

Congrats! The hard part is over now. Smooth sailing now until the DC paper shows up on PACER or you get it by mail from your lawyer. Let all the accounts do their work now updating your credit reports to IIB and 0 balance. After DC give it 30 days for this to happen. My car insurance didnt change with the same vehicle before or after DC. Enjoy your debt free life now and save save save. After everything is updaed and the smoke clears. Stop by and we'll be more than happy to get your rebuild started. And welcone to the forum!!!!!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Mine is 9/20 just had to provide updated bank statements to my lawyer. While I had him on the phone I asked what should I wear. He said as long as I was wearing clothes I will be fine! 

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! 

Mine is 9/20 just had to provide updated bank statements to my lawyer. While I had him on the phone I asked what should I wear. He said as long as I was wearing clothes I will be fine! 

Welcome and ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Look broke. No overalls though or chewing tobacco. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We left all jewelry at home, except my husband wore his watch.  He took it off before we went into the hearing room and gave it to me to put in my backpack.  I wore very little makeup, and both hubby and I wore pants and shirts that had no logos on them.  We were clean and neat, but not showy.  We saw a woman walk in wearing a strand of pearls, dressed to the nines.  She was talking to her lawyer, so we knew she was a client.  Hubby and I looked at each other and wondered if the pearls would make it back home.  lol  Most of us were in jeans or pants, nothing fancy.  We also saw a woman in yoga pants and running shoes.  The trustee was in a suit and tie.  Really nice guy.

Speaking of the backpack, I was glad I had it.  Our lawyer gave us back a huge stack of tax returns, said they didn't need them anymore.  Had I not taken the pack, I would have just had to carry those around.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.