Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 meeting done ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 meeting done ....

hello everyone,

just wanted to say thanks to everyone and their great advice ;I filled for BK and feel good, from what Ive read my credit will be up and running in no time.

so i had my 341 meeting yesterday it was a breeze. Literaly took 2 minutes asked about 10 yes or no questions. verify adress and full name very basic stuff.

Just waiting on my Discharge to a new fresh start.

So ive read a lot and learned that all you need is 2 CC a 1 Installment loan to incease your score.

My question is I am a current auth user on 2 cards and i have student loans. do those count as 2 cards and a loan?

Should I be removed as auth user and get my own cards?

If I apply for cards what are my choices since I burned disco, cap1, credit1, indigo?

thank you all you your kind replies and advice.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 341 meeting done ....

Congrats. Wait until a couple months after the DC. All the creditors have to update their accounts on your reports. Some, not all get a score increase. Then you can go after Open Sky. No HP and it doesn't report as a secured card. Cap1 after a year and about the same maybe a little longer for Disco secured. Yes your student loans are installments. So no need for that. And its 3 cards for best scoring. But dont go crazy apping. Look around the site and find a couple decent secured cards to start with. It will take a couple yrs. But it can be done. Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I will look into open sky when the time comes for now just wait and see what happens with my reports and scores .

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlozano7 My 341 is set for Jan 18. My stomach is in such knots. Ive heard that the trustee  has you take the oath, state your name, verify your address. The next set of questions are just basic yes and no. I am hoping for a very productive outcome because I have turned in everything I have which isnt much of anything. Are there any other tips for being prepared and what to expect since you just recently had your meeting? Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous My 341 is set for Jan 18. My stomach is in such knots. Ive heard that the trustee  has you take the oath, state your name, verify your address. The next set of questions are just basic yes and no. I am hoping for a very productive outcome because I have turned in everything I have which isnt much of anything. Are there any other tips for being prepared and what to expect since you just recently had your meeting? Thanks!

you pretty much hit it on the head, there might be a couple other questions but it's very quick....as for advice? follow your attorney's lead and advice (and hide nothing from YOUR attorney so they can properly advise you)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.