Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 meeting this week

tag
spartanspirit
Contributor

341 meeting this week

My 341 meeting is coming up this week. Been doing a lot of reading on these boards for what to expect. I will be burning a lot of cards but my credit union says they can help after my discharge. Total debt is around 57K not including student loans which I know aren’t dischargeable. Capital One, BOA, Discover, Macy’s, Sam’s Club, Target, GAP, TJMAXX and personal loans from Lending Club and Sallie Mae are just some of the names. I tried as hard as I could to avoid this but it got to a point where I had no money to feed my family and then I would have to use credit cards to buy groceries and the cycle would continue.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StillKicking
Contributor

Re: 341 meeting this week

I remember worrying about my 341 and not knowing what to expect. It was smooth and over quickly with no issues. It can certainly turn into a vicious cycle and, as you've probably read here, most people (certainly myself) wish they would have pulled the BK7 trigger much sooner. I was way past the point of no return before I filed.

I sure wish I would have found this forum sooner than I did. But the good news is.....There's life after BK.

Good luck and hang in there!

Fico 8 Scores 10-19-20
Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 341 meeting this week

Congrats on your soon to be financial freedom. The BK laws were created for everyday people and busineses to have a fresh start and hit the reset button. The relief after its over is like a new life. Whatever led up to filing. Hope it doesnt happen again. Dont apply for anything until after DC and make sure all accounts reflect IIB and 0 balance. Then you can start to rebuild slowly on your road to recovery and having credit again. Good Luck this week!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.