Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 meeting

tag
washington12
Regular Contributor

341 meeting

My 341 meeting is wednesday at 1PM. freaking out about being questioned or creditors showing up. Is it true they only take 10 minutes, and ask basic questions? I've read horror stories on the internet. It is a ch 7.

Starting Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Current Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Goal Score: 650eq 650tu 650ex

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
WD2005
Contributor

Re: 341 meeting

I can't see a Ch7 341 being being much different than a Ch13 341 so in my case the pre-meeting anxiety was much ado about nothing. None of my creditors showed up. Just a conversation between my wife and I, our attorney and the Trustee. Since I'm in a Ch13 she asked about some of our expenses and that's about it. It was probably less than 10 minutes but felt like an hour. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had my 341 meeting it lasted about 10 minutes. And to make me more nervous about it was I was first. But when it’s all done and over with you’ll feel much better!
Message 3 of 9
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

My 341 Meeting lasted no more than what seemed like 5 minutes. After handing over my ID with SS card and swearing in the trustee asked me 4 questions and then asked if any creditors were there (no of my creditors were) then that was it.

Make 100% sure you bring your SS card and license to your 341 Meeting.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe 4 or 5 Questions ( YES OR No Questions ) Its over in a blink of a eye lol

Message 5 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I barely remember mine, it was over so quick... And I just had it last November lol. I was positive a particular one of my creditors that I somewhat recently owed a big amount to would show up. No one did.
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
AJR1
Contributor

Mine lasted 11 min - Basic questions from the arbitrator - If no creditors show 15 minutes 

Message 7 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Even if creditors do show, the judge will usually still whisk thru the meeting quickly because there is a room full of folks to get through.

When I had mine, we arrived at 8am, when it all started, and of course I was the last one to be called! There are several other BK'ers in the room as well, and when they call your name, you and your attorney get up, swear in, and the trustee asks questions.

If there's any questions or issues, the trustee will tell your attorney right then, and then you pow wow again at another date, or if it can be taken care of between the trustee and attorney off site, (meaning between phone calls, and emails), then it will. No big deal
Message 8 of 9
washington12
Regular Contributor

So I had my meeting, went second thank god. I was done in 10 minutes literally. Now if it can just be discharged with no problems. I can put this awful part of my life behind me. First goal is a 6 month emergency fund. How long does is typically take for discharge? 

Starting Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Current Score: 539eq 482tu 509ex
Goal Score: 650eq 650tu 650ex

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.