Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 this morning!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 this morning!

5mins in and out, just like you all said! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders now! Luckily we were 3rd on the docket so I was able to get a slight glimpse of how it would go down and that helped me ease up a bit.

So, now what? I feel like 60 days will go by fast and slow at the same time! 5/14 is our discharge date. Do I just sit back and sit on my hands for now? I’m so anxious to rebuild with all of this new information running through my head!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 this morning!

Sit back and wait 'til all is over.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was super worried about my 341 as well. 

That was made worse when I got there and the first people who the clerk was talking to went something like this -

"when did you two get married"

"2015"

"well you've been filing your taxes wrong, so i'm going to report you two to the IRS for tax fraud. sorry guys, but I'm requried by law to do that" (She was filing HoH and he was filing single apparenlty)

was scared crapless about what they might have found out about me that I didn't know Smiley Sad

then was done in like 2 mins. so much weight off my shoulders as well. 

If you don't have a responsive attny or you're impatient like me - set a calendar reminder for 60 days from today and make a free account on Pacer - start hcecking daily in 60 days to see when the discharge is entered Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

What sorts of questions do they ask you?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nursepowerwrote:

What sorts of questions do they ask you?

Get there a bit early, you can watch them go through the process with others. It's over and one in 5 mins. Basically ask you under oath if you are the filer, may ask questions about your paperwork or filing, may ask about any assets. It was tons and tons of build-up for like a 5 minute process. You must have your ID and SS card (DL and social in my case). Look nice, but don't go flashy. You don't want to look 'rich'. You do want to look professional. I took off the fitbit, left the cellphone in the car (legal requirement for federal buildings), I wore a button up shirt with slacks and tennis shoes. No jewelry or anything else.

there's a SMALLLL chance an actual creditor will show up. SMALL. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked about Pacer and was told not to waste my money on it. How do I get that for free? I was really interested in it and they shot me down yesterday! Haha
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They verified our SS Card and DL, swore us in and then asked if we are still at the same address and if everything listed is true. They asked if we expect any winnings (lotto etc) in the near further, we said no. They asked if he have anyone holding property for us, we said no. They asked if we accrued any of the debts with the intention of filing BK, again no. They made sure to let me know that my student loans wouldn’t be included, as well as our tax liens and asked if we were prepared to take care of both of those on our own, we said yes. Then they asked why we decided to file and what events led to our hardship. They noted that we received our tax return prior to filing and asked how we spent the return. And that was it! It was quick!

I wore a nice shirt and jeans, left my phone in the car. My husband did the same. It was really simple and easy. No problems thankfully!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I asked about Pacer and was told not to waste my money on it. How do I get that for free? I was really interested in it and they shot me down yesterday! Haha

Just go to Pacer. It's free so long as you don't look at more than I think 1500 pages a quarter... which if you're just looking for/at your paperwork that's more than enough... once you're logged in with an account (you have to give them a card to make the account), you use the links for the bankruptcy courts. You can look at your profile at any time to see how many pages you've seen/current balance. after checking frequently for about 2 weeks, downloading my paperwork for filing and everything once or twice - i still only got to a balance of $6.50. (if less than $15 for the quarter, you aren't charged).

It's pretty useless right this minute, but I'm impatient and didn't want to harass my attny too much once I was getting close to DC.

https://www.pacer.gov/

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
They verified our SS Card and DL, swore us in and then asked if we are still at the same address and if everything listed is true. They asked if we expect any winnings (lotto etc) in the near further, we said no. They asked if he have anyone holding property for us, we said no. They asked if we accrued any of the debts with the intention of filing BK, again no. They made sure to let me know that my student loans wouldn’t be included, as well as our tax liens and asked if we were prepared to take care of both of those on our own, we said yes. Then they asked why we decided to file and what events led to our hardship. They noted that we received our tax return prior to filing and asked how we spent the return. And that was it! It was quick!

Mine was more or less the same - only differences were that Mine was in OCT so they didn't discuss the refund issue. Also, I had a car with negative equity and they asked me to verbally confirm my plan for it (which at the time was to reaffirm, but due to a happy mistake didn't happen). They close the meeting saying their plans - in my case that they would discharge the BK with no assets. Still takes 60 days to discharge, but those words are quite nice to hear Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Hershey_Kiss
Established Member

It only charges you if you accumulate $15 in charges during the quarter (every 4 months).
Starting scores: EQ 564 TU 580 EX 530
Chap 7 BK filed 1/17/2018
341 Meeting 2/20/2018
BK discharged 4/27/2018

Scores day of DC: EQ 629 TU 598 EX 566
Current Fico 8 EQ 701 TU 660 EX 691
Goal by EOY: 700 across the board

In wallet: Cap One Plat ($1550) Discover It ($6000) Cap One QS ($3800) Cap One Venture One ($7500)
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.