Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

364 days!

tag
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

364 days!

I never thought i’d see the day where I could say my BK will fall off in months, rather than years. In 364 days I will be free of this blemish on my life and credit report. I still remember walking into my attorneys office to get this ball rolling, and then doing the walk of shame at the courthouse where I was asked to speak louder by the trustee because I was so embarassed at my 341 meeting.

My scores have already recovered into the 740s, largely thanks to two old tradelines that pre-date the BK,

; my student loans and my mortgage, which I re-affirmed (and looks like I can make about $50k if I sell today). It was a struggle paying that loan payment in the beginning, and I did have two 60 days late shortly after my BK closed. I didn’t know if i’d made the right decision to keep the house. 

I didn’t even get a credit card until three years post-BK because I did not know you could. 

I can’t wait to see what my scores jump to next June!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 364 days!

@Mazda3

Congratulations on your BK recovery! All of us who have filed are very familiar

with the BK "walk of shame." But the great thing about the low points in our life is

that they make us realize that the only direction we can go is up - if we so choose.

And in your case, you did so choose. 740 FICO's across the board is a lot to be proud of.

In my case, I'm 4 years and 4 months into my 5 year BK 13 repayment.

Unlike you, my FICO scores are not yet in the 740 range (high 500s and

low 600s). But I started in the 400s, so I'm making great progress.

That's really the key: Progress. Taking the long term view, and accepting

the fact that BK is just a season in our lives to be experienced and endured,

is what will make your full recovery that much sweeter. So CONGRATS again

on your success, Mazda3. Very well deserved indeed! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember that day like yesterday.  My BK is sechduled to fall off on 3/19.  I plan to ask for an early exclusion though lol

What got me was when we were all ther talking to the trustee and it was lunch time.  These people went out to the local restuarnts (mind you I live in a high cost of living area) and they were buying lobster and just expensive  meals in general.  I went to Subway and got a $5 dollar footlong lol

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep a countdown clock or do like one of my coworkers does lol - tick marks on a paper on the wall, like a prison cell Smiley Very Happy

You've done very well and I am looking forward to seeing how things go for you come June 2019!!

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats MazdaSmiley Happy Took me over 8 years before I even realized I could even have credit again. Tips hatSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.