Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 days Post Discharge Update

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

5 days Post Discharge Update

So it's been 5 days since my discharge and I'm starting to see some progress. My Fico 9 scores through Discover has jumped more than 20 points to 640. During my BK I was sitting at 580. Also noteworthy, there were two collections on my report from Calvary Portfolio across all the bureaus. On the day of discharge, I contacted them and got a very nice gentleman who I spoke to and requested a deletion. He assured me it would take about 30 days but it turns out that yesterday I got notified through CK that the collections were deleted on TU & EQ. CK Vantage 3.0 scores also jumped from 575 to 677. My student loans (10 entries) are all now reporting as Open with a perfect payment history. I intend to wait another 30 days before I take my first shot at new credit again post discharge. Capital One & Discover are my target but both were burned. We'll see how that goes... honestly there's still life after bankruptcy and it's really not as bad and complicated as people paint it. As you all know I went online, did my research then filed pro-se. I even got the application filing fees waived too so if your case is pretty straightforward like mine please DIY and save yourself from the exorbitant lawyer fees and charges. My only regret in all of this was waiting too long trying to ward off the inevitable. Wishing everyone success in their recovery journey.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HaKs310

Re: 5 days Post Discharge Update

Congrats!

I also burned CapitalOne during my BK7. They had filed a lawsuit seeking wage garnishments which I was able to stop with the bankruptcy filing. The credit card account does not show up any of my credit reports which I think is weird but ultimately a good thing for me.

I'm a month post discharge and just received a CapitalOne Secured card in the mail this week. If you read through the forum you'll see that they do forgive but it seems to be on a case by case basis as far as how soon they'll let you back in. Hopefully others will chime in.

Message 2 of 7
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@HaKs310 wrote:

Congrats!

I also burned CapitalOne during my BK7. They had filed a lawsuit seeking wage garnishments which I was able to stop with the bankruptcy filing. The credit card account does not show up any of my credit reports which I think is weird but ultimately a good thing for me.

I'm a month post discharge and just received a CapitalOne Secured card in the mail this week. If you read through the forum you'll see that they do forgive but it seems to be on a case by case basis as far as how soon they'll let you back in. Hopefully others will chime in.

Just like you Capital One filed a lawsuit against me and I think they got a default judgment cos I didn't even respond to the complaints.. the secured card you received did you cold app or got a prequalification? And what are your scores if u don't mind me asking?

Message 3 of 7
HaKs310

@pip3man  Same boat, I didnt reply to the complaints either.

I did the prequal and received offers for the Secured, Platinum and i believe the QS card. Y Experian FICO8 score was at 566 when I applied, put down $95K as our income.

Does the CapOne account you burned show up on your credit report?

Message 4 of 7
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@HaKs310 wrote:

@pip3man  Same boat, I didnt reply to the complaints either.

I did the prequal and received offers for the Secured, Platinum and i believe the QS card. Y Experian FICO8 score was at 566 when I applied, put down $95K as our income.

Does the CapOne account you burned show up on your credit report?

Yes all 3 accounts that I burned still show up on my report. We'll see how that will all play out next month when I give it a shot

Message 5 of 7
HaKs310

@pip3man 

That is so weird, I wonder why mine are off of my reports. TTBank/Target and Citi/Sears also filed lawsuits and those accounts are also no longer on my credit report.

Best of luck to you.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Capital One in my Ch 13. I did their pre-qual and didn't pre-qual for any of the cards but I was able to refi my auto loan with them since the original car loan wasn't reporting anymore ( I didn't reaffirm the loan) so I had to refi to get something reporting other than my other credit cards. Hopefully by the end of the year or so I'll be able to get a Capital One card again. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.