Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Months Post Discharge - Needing Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 Months Post Discharge - Needing Advice

Good afternoon, 

I was disharged from my Chapter 7 BK in December of 2019. Before discharge, I opened up a Credit One Card. I was granted a $300 limit. I reaffirmed my mortgage in my BK. At first, my previous mortgage servicer reported by mortgage. Then, it was sold to a new servicer. When that happened and the previous servicer marked the account as closed, I lost about 20 points across the board. The new servicer still has not reported my mortgage. My scores have rebounded, with some passing where they were. My first question is this: should I pursue the new lender adding the mortgage back? I did have one 30 day late on it. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd gain or lose points if it was added back.

Here are my current scores as of today:

EX Fico 8 - 632  EX Mortgage - 639

EQ Fico 8 - 653 EQ Mortgage - 628

Tu Fico 8 - 634 TU Mortgage - 679

Currently, I have these accounts

Credit One - $0/$300 opened November '19. No lates

Capital One Quicksilver - $0/$500 opened January '20 as platinum and PC'd after credit steps program. No lates.

Capital One Wal-Mart MC - $0/$300 opened July '20. No lates

Overstock - $35/250 - Opened March '20. No lates.

Capital One Auto - I have two auto loans totaling about 30K together. Payments are $320/$380.

I also have four student loan accounts. Two are with Fedloan Servicing. I have no lates with them. My balances are $8,615 and $4,028. I also have two with Edfinancial with balances of $860 and $1720. Unfortunately, before my BK, I had 90 day lates on both of these  Edfinancial accounts in July of 2019. Other than that, there are no additional lates on this account.

Does anyone have any advice on my rebuild as of now? I feel as if I have installment accounts for my credit mix, so I don't really know how much having the mortgage added back will help. Am I at a point where I just need to garden? Also, are my scores at a decent place 8 months from filing? Before filing, all of my scores were around 570ish. Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Re: 8 Months Post Discharge - Needing Advice

Since your mortgage was IIB, it will not be reported. Your reporting student loans and 2 auto loans are good enough as installments. for rebuilding, just make sure you pay on time moving forward. With 4 cards and 3 installments, let time work for you for the next 12 to 18 months and don't forget to apply the AZEO method. Your scores should go up then. You can periodically request for CLI as long as it's a soft pull. Good Luck!  

Message 2 of 4
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

@Kasuito39 , the OP stated they reaffirmed their mortgage, so it CAN in fact be reported to credit reporting agencies, get sued if goes into default, etc.

To the OP, it's up to you, but my 2 cents would be contact the new servicer and IF the 30 day late payment was PRIOR to the BK, then I think the long term benefit would outweigh the minor negative as a result of a 30 day late prior to BK.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If you've had the mortgage for a long time. Get the servicer to report your history. Thats the biggest investment in life. A 2 yr old 30 doesnt mean much at all. Get on them to report or you'll pass a note to your lawyer they are not reporting correctly as prescribed by the BK Courts.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.