cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.5 years....do I HAVE to wait 6 more months?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

9.5 years....do I HAVE to wait 6 more months?!?

Hi all,

My ch 7 BK should drop off on feb 16, 2020. Finally!  But ugh! It’s just not soon enough! Like many others, I’m extremely anxious for this to happen!

Seems like, from what I’ve read, Transunion will grant an early exception 6 months out?? (Experian 3 months, and equivalent 1 month?) I’m trying to figure out the best way to make this happen.

When I go to the Transunion online dispute, early exception is not an option.These are my options:

INVESTIGATE OWNERSHIP:
This is not my public record
OR
INVESTIGATE ACCURACY:
This public record is paid, satisfied or released
This public record was dismissed or filed in error
The amount is incorrect
The date(s) is(are) incorrect
This item never went to judgment
This public record contains multiple inaccuracies
The bankruptcy chapter, status and/or dates are incorrect

There is a small amount of free text allowed, but only after you choose one of the dispute reasons, and none of them really seem to apply. Has anyone done this online and had success? Is it better to call? (Honestly would prefer not to, lol). Any other advice or experiences that might help?

Also of note, it says right on the bankruptcy record: estimate month and year that this item will be removed is 01/2020.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 9.5 years....do I HAVE to wait 6 more months?!?

You dont file a dispute. You call and ask for a supervisor if the CSR wont help you. Nothing to dispute. Its still accurate until fall off date.

Message 2 of 25
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Dont be scared to call, i called them this week and they were so helpful and extra nice, if you call i bet you will have some luck with that request of yours, they were pleasent to speak with, good luckSmiley LOLHeart

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

You dont file a dispute. You call and ask for a supervisor if the CSR wont help you. Nothing to dispute. Its still accurate until fall off date.

Right, like I said, I’m looking for an early exception since there is nothing to dispute. Smiley Very Happy Just trying to figure out if anyone has had experience with this online or if calling is the only option. 

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chhull00 wrote:

Dont be scared to call, i called them this week and they were so helpful and extra nice, if you call i bet you will have some luck with that request of yours, they were pleasent to speak with, good luckSmiley LOLHeart

Awww, thanks for that encouragement. I appreciate it very much. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chhull00 wrote:

There ya go! Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums! Dont leave us hanging. Lets us know how it went! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chhull00 wrote:

There ya go! Good Luck and Welcome to the Forums! Dont leave us hanging. Lets us know how it went! Smiley Very Happy

I’m also trying to see if anyone has called lately and if the “6 months prior” for EE is still being offered!! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 25
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Haven't seen a failure yet except those that get impatient and try to do it on the same date. Wait a week or so inside the 6 month period. Then nail em. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I was going to try it even though it’s 6 months on the 16th! I will definitely wait it out a little longer!
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able or get an early exclusion online. But based on the screen shots you posted the option I choose is not there for you. I had “item is too old to report” as one of my choices.

I selected and wrote a small paragraph from some text I found online. Basically I said something like “please consider the following item for deletion  based on TU early exclusion policy. TU policy is to delete blah blah with 6 months of  scheduled deletion date”. Item is due to fall of XX. Early exclusion would make the item eligible for deletion now. Thank you for considering my request”

EE is not a law so ask nicely, they don’t have to grant it. After I submitted I checked back the next day. The status said “your request requires special processing”. Three days later it was gone.

Phone is faster but get past the front line reps and then getting someone who doesn’t understand....

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.