cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.5 years....do I HAVE to wait 6 more months?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9.5 years....do I HAVE to wait 6 more months?!?

I wonder if it will become available once it’s after August 16, 2019 since my actual date is February 16, 2020. Maybe I’m 10 days too early...? I’ll try looking back then. I wasn’t sure if it was to the day or just within the month.

Thanks so much for the info!
Message 11 of 25
StillKicking
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder if it will become available once it’s after August 16, 2019 since my actual date is February 16, 2020. Maybe I’m 10 days too early...? I’ll try looking back then. I wasn’t sure if it was to the day or just within the month.

Thanks so much for the info!

It won't. I had the exact same options and I was within 3 months of it falling off naturally. Last week, I called TU twice...The first call was a massive waste of time as I called their standard 800 number and got someone overseas. The 2nd number I called was 888-259-6845 and I got someone in the US. In less than 5 minutes the BK7 was removed from my TU report.

Here's how: I asked the first CSR to look at my report and tell me when the BK7 was going to fall off...After she answered the question I politely and respectfully asked to speak to a supervisor, she asked why. I said, I'd like to respectfully ask for an EE (Early Exclusion) and only a supervisor can do it. 30 seconds later the supervisor asked how she could help me....I politely asked for an EE, she said "let me see what I can do". 10 seconds later she said Ok, you're all set. It's been removed from your report. The whole process with TU was simple and they were incredbily friendly and helpful.

Don't be hesitant to call TU and get this taken care of.

Good luck!

Fico 8 Scores 10-19-20
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could not agree more with @StillKicking. Don’t do it online, the reasons given aren’t a great fit and you could trip yourself up.

Call them.

TU in my experience has been as pleasant and easy to talk with as calling my aunt. The frontline CSRs typically don’t have the privileges in the system to grant EE, so as stated above, ask for a supervisor on the grounds mentioned. I’ve requested EE 3x for old chargeoffs. I think my longest call was 11 minutes, probably half of which was holding for the supervisor.

Of all the bureaus, TU in my experience has far and away been the one that is most interested in helping where permissible and has been the one that handles requests competently and professionally.
Message 13 of 25
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

I myself am hopeful my BK7 that discharged 10/2021 will be able to be removed due to EE next Spring. I will be in the garden until then, and will reach out to TU approx May/June to see about removal.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 14 of 25
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@jetsfan2013 wrote:

I myself am hopeful my BK7 that discharged 10/2021 will be able to be removed due to EE next Spring. I will be in the garden until then, and will reach out to TU approx May/June to see about removal.

I'm guessing that's a typo and 10/2021 is 10 years from your 10/2011 discharge? I thought the 10 year mark is from the filing date. I filed 9/2010 and was discharged 1/31/2011, so I was thinking my 10 year mark is 9/2020 and I can try for an EE with TU next March.

Message 15 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

For a BK 7...its 10 yrs from FILE date.
For a BK13..its 7 years from FILE date.

EE is as follows..

EQ- 0-1mo early
EX- 1-3 mo early
TU- 6 mo early
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I know about the dates. Smiley Happy

I was asking (in my original post) about the exact TU process and the experiences people have had. Got some good info from fellow members! Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wh

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

My ch 7 BK should drop off on feb 16, 2020. Finally!  But ugh! It’s just not soon enough! Like many others, I’m extremely anxious for this to happen!

Seems like, from what I’ve read, Transunion will grant an early exception 6 months out?? (Experian 3 months, and equivalent 1 month?) I’m trying to figure out the best way to make this happen.

When I go to the Transunion online dispute, early exception is not an option.These are my options:

INVESTIGATE OWNERSHIP:
This is not my public record
OR
INVESTIGATE ACCURACY:
This public record is paid, satisfied or released
This public record was dismissed or filed in error
The amount is incorrect
The date(s) is(are) incorrect
This item never went to judgment
This public record contains multiple inaccuracies
The bankruptcy chapter, status and/or dates are incorrect

There is a small amount of free text allowed, but only after you choose one of the dispute reasons, and none of them really seem to apply. Has anyone done this online and had success? Is it better to call? (Honestly would prefer not to, lol). Any other advice or experiences that might help?

Also of note, it says right on the bankruptcy record: estimate month and year that this item will be removed is 01/2020.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Is Feb 16 the date of filing, or the date of discharge for you?  BK7 will fall off the anniversary month of filing, not the date of discharge.  That was my situation...  I filed BK7 in May 2009, discharged June 2009.  Sure enough, it fell off at the same time from all three bureaus on the anniverary date this past may. 

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Transunion today. I called 888-259-6845. I have been so nervous to call, but I figured I had nothing to lose! As another member mentioned, the gal was very nice and the process could not have been easier. 

I asked her to look at my credit file and asked when my bankruptcy would come off. She said February 16 of 2019. Asked her to speak to a supervisor, per previous comments, and that I would like to be considered for an early exclusion. She was very sweet and said “oh any of us here can do that!” About 30 seconds of her processing my request went by. 

She then basically said to check back at the end of the end of the week and it should be gone. I’ll be crossing my fingers and checking every day. I’ll update you by the end of the week, hopefully with very good news! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Based on my and many others’ EE experiences with TU, you should get a notification tomorrow of an update to your profile Smiley Happy make sure you pop on and let us know the effect!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.