Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 day post CH 7 Discharge Capital One approval

tag
GoingForTheMortgage
Established Member

Re: 9 day post CH 7 Discharge Capital One approval

Congrats! CapOne was my first CC after BK, as well (oddly enough, they were why I finally chose to file- they were suing me). In just over a year my limit went from $300 to $2500.
Message 11 of 16
Daare2dreeam
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I had a Discover secured card before filing. I was in good standing with them however it was still included. Tried the Discover prep site and nothing came up. I will do as you suggest and try after having Capital for a while. I’m not sure if I should try for anything else. Is one card ok for now? I have student loans and no car note. Income $66,000. I included Wal-Mart, Wells Fargo secures, my credit union secured and some store cards. Scores are at TU614, EQ620 and I’m it sure about Ex. I still have some cleaning to do on one of my reports.

Any additional suggestions given this information?
Message 12 of 16
Daare2dreeam
Contributor

Yea I definitively do not plan on carrying a balance. I always wondered how they determine you initial line of credit. I’ve always been offered low balances any pre bk. I know people who get higher balances and offers even post bk with worse portfolios than mine. Regardless I’m just happy to get another chance. I had to file due to a illegal garnishment that put me behind in all my bills. It was a relatives debt and wasn’t worth going to court over.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that determination is based on how much you make combined with how much risk they want to take. $300 is very low risk.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please clarify?

1. After 3 full statements post. Get a SP CLI from the website (click requset on websits)?

2. On month 4's statement. Use the upgrade link and get the QS. (haven't heard upgraede line, more detail? what is QS?)?

3. Disco pre-qual (is this "discover" pre-qual link)?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Please clarify?

1. After 3 full statements post. Get a SP CLI from the website (click requset on websits)? Yes click on "I want to" Then ask for a credit line increase.

2. On month 4's statement. Use the upgrade link and get the QS. (haven't heard upgraede line, more detail? what is QS?)?

QS=Quicksilver Cash back crad. Check upgrade here---> https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

3. Disco pre-qual (is this "discover" pre-qual link)? https://www.discovercard.com/application/prequal?&iq_id=r43700026351813315&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh7zsuey34gIVjqOzCh184QKxEAAYASAAEgLV0vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

I'll answer your questions even though this thread is kinda old. Welcome to the forums and good luck!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.