Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALLY is bankruptcy friendly

tag
kympocalypse
Established Member

ALLY is bankruptcy friendly

Good morning! 

Discharged this week and saw I was "pre-approved" on Credit Sesame for two Ally cards so I tried one, approved for 1k. FICOs range from 598 to 640. They pulled Experian (598)

Hope this helps someone with their rebuilding journey! I am determined to get back into the 700+ club.

8 REPLIES 8
tk-2018
Valued Member

Re: ALLY is bankruptcy friendly

I attempted to get a card through ally and didn't have the same luck I did manage to get one through Ollo though . 

@kympocalypse wrote:

Good morning! 

Discharged this week and saw I was "pre-approved" on Credit Sesame for two Ally cards so I tried one, approved for 1k. FICOs range from 598 to 640. They pulled Experian (598)

Hope this helps someone with their rebuilding journey! I am determined to get back into the 700+ club.

Chapter 7 6/22.
Fico 8's As of Jan. 15, 2023:

Verge 750

Message 2 of 9
kympocalypse
Established Member

I'm sorry! I only applied because of the pre-approval recommendation on credit Sesame. I fully expected a denial. I haven't received an invitation for Ollo but I think I'm going to go for a SDFCU secured card next before I garden for a year. Maybe. 

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! What do you have now? Dont rely on these credit Vantage score sites. Most of its marketing. We can help you out there with better results. So who got burned?

Message 4 of 9
kympocalypse
Established Member

Those are FICO Scores, my vantage scores are all in the 680s...go figure. All I have now is a Self lender, the new Ally, Mission Lane. I'm going to get my mortgage reporting again, perfect payment history for almost 3 years from that. 

I'm open to suggestions!

Message 5 of 9
kympocalypse
Established Member

Who got burned? Errbody! 

Cap 1, credit 1, citi, discover, amex, chase for the big dogs, synchrony and comenity for the little dogs.

I joined SDFCU and PenFed in the last 30-60 days. 

Message 6 of 9
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@kympocalypse wrote:

Good morning! 

Congrats! I'm guessing the OLLO merger is having a positive effect on ALLY. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Excellent. You got 3 revolvers which is all thats needed for now. Your mortgage covers installment loans. So no need for those. Wait about 6 months and go for the next card. Step by step. You'll get there. Scores will rebound in time. 680 isnt bad for now. Once you hit the 700 club. Way easier to pick and choose. Keep applying in the 600's. You'll stay in the 600's.Time does wonders.

Message 8 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was just approved for $2500. I hope the card will grow over time.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.