Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTORNEY FEES FOR CH 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ATTORNEY FEES FOR CH 13

I just met with and retained an attorney for Ch 13 filing but had a question regarding fees. I'm in CA and I thought that I read something that said the fees were set by the court. I looked up some info and something I read says, "U.S. Bankruptcy court will generally not require fee applications for the following described services provided that fees charged do not exceed the following amounts". Initial fees: 3,300.00 My initial fees are a flat fee and are higher than this other amount. Does this mean that he has to submit a fee application with the court to justify his fees?  I'm confused about how to approach this issue with my attorney. I feel good about my choice and don't want to start off by offending him but...I also don't want to sit here and feel upset about the contradiction. Maybe I've just been reading too many conflicting articles...I'm not really sure. Anyone out there know? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ATTORNEY FEES FOR CH 13

Ok - I'm going to reply to my own post. After looking on the US BK Courts website I realized I was looking in the wrong district and it appears that the fees are in line with the maximum allowable set forth by my district. I'm feeling a little better about that I guess....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.