Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status after BK

tag
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Account Status after BK

Hi Everyone,

So I have a BK from 2015 and the accounts that were included are showing a payment status of "debt included in BK' with the lates still reporting. Is that normal or should I be requesting it be updated? When applying I am getting declines for late payments on accounts and I have been current ever since the BK.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!!

5 REPLIES 5
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Re: Account Status after BK

Does anyone have any suggestions or any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

If you had late payments prior to your bankruptcy, then they are reporting correctly.

What methods are you using to rebuild?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chapter 7 reports delinquencies for ten years following filing.

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wrote:

Chapter 7 reports delinquencies for ten years following filing.

This is incorrect information. 

The BK7 itself will remain in the PR for 10 yrs from file date. 

Lates that were occurred BEFORE file date, will remain on the record for 7yrs from the DOFD.  For example...You have an acct that with a DOFD of 03/2015.  It will drop from your reports in 03/2022.   

Message 5 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wrote:

Hi Everyone,

So I have a BK from 2015 and the accounts that were included are showing a payment status of "debt included in BK' with the lates still reporting. Is that normal or should I be requesting it be updated? When applying I am getting declines for late payments on accounts and I have been current ever since the BK.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!!

Are these lates continuing to update monthly as late??  Lates prior to filing date can be reported up to the file date, but cannot report late after that anymore. The acct will still stay on your reports, and will be a negative acct due to the IIB comment, and late stop after filing date. 

I have accts that I quit paying a year before I filed BK7, and those are reporting correctly with the lates, but they do not report past my file date. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.