Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts IIB but showing as Charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts IIB but showing as Charge offs

Ok I need some advice on how to proceed with 2 accounts that are showing as CO on EX report, even though they were IIB(chapter 7 filing date 1/2007 ). One account is Americredit for a car loan for $19,983 and the 2nd is First Premier for $808. Both are scheduled to be removed on 8/2009 and 11/2009 respectively, so due to the age of accounts should I wait for them to drop off or dispute the status to be corrected as IIB and have them stay on record until 2014? The balances are showing as $0 but I want the best course of action to increase my current credit scores. Please advise!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Accounts IIB but showing as Charge offs

The drop off date should not change even if you have them moved to IIB. The DOFD should be the date your BK was filed, or earlier, if you were already delinquent. They should drop 7.5 years from DOFD.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply but my main question is so "due to the age of accounts should I wait for them to drop off or dispute the status to be corrected as IIB". Will my scores be increased by adding them as IIB???
Message 3 of 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

I was just saying that their drop off date should not change much if at all. If they are showing unpaid with a balance, then it might improve your scores to have them moved IIB with no balance. It's hard to say. It will be easier to get certain kinds of loans, such as an FHA mortgage, with them reporting correctly.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.