Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts Removed off Credit Report, Just Filed Chapter 13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts Removed off Credit Report, Just Filed Chapter 13

Good afternoon,

I pray all is well with you and your loved ones during this dificult time we are all facing (COVID-19).  I filed chapter 13 on Tuesday (3/17) and it's already reporting on my credit reports (all bureaus).  I have a subscription with MYFICO, and my notifications have been alerting me all weekend.  My scores are going up, surprisingly, and several of my accounts have been removed/and or reporting zero balances.  Is this normal?  I have a 5 year repayment plan.  For the accounts that are now reporting zero balances and have been removed, will those creditors still be included in my repayment plan?  I'm still doing my research on chapter 13, but I find that speaking with others is better than most books I have read.  I'm awaiting the date for my MOC. 

Thank you for your help, I'm trying to navigate through chapter 13 as best as possible. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accounts Removed off Credit Report, Just Filed Chapter 13

Hello Justme79,

Any and all accounts IIB will be reporting 0 balances but will still remain on your credit report. There will also be a note for each account that it was included in BK. Those that were not IIB will be closed (as per my case.) Those credits will still be included in the repayment plan that's why they are reporting 0's.

Good luck and stay safe!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiaM - Thank you for your reply, you have been so helpful.  What about the accounts that have been removed?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about the accounts that have been removed. Were they completely removed from your credit report? I guess since they were removed, that's a good thing because all of mine are still there! LOL

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a couple of them have been removed completely. 

The day of filing my scores were (months of not paying prior to filing, per my lawyer, which I'm pist about)

Equifax 497

Transunion 504

Experian 488

Current Scores (03/23)

Equifax 544

Transunion 520

Experian 539

I did close all of my paid in full/perfect credit accounts prior to filing.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's hope your score keeps jumping up! Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MiaM

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

3/25 - Update

I have receievd my dates for the MOC (4/27) and Confirmation Hearing (6/11)

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

3/25 - Update

I have receievd my dates for the MOC (4/27) and Confirmation Hearing (6/11)

Congrats on the updates....I think my MOC will be over the phone. 

Message 9 of 12
Waldemar
New Contributor

I'm in the middle of C7 and burned a few banks. Most accounts are showing closed, zero balance and "included in bankruptcy" but my NFCU accounts are suddently removed from my credit report. It's only been 10 days since I filed. i wonder if they are going to show up again or whats the reason behind NFCU doing this.

Credit Cards

Ally Platinum MC: $4,300 | Amazon Prime Store Card: $3,100 | Apple Card MC: $2,750 | BCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $15,000 | BCU Travel Rewards Visa Signature: $10,000 | Bread Cashback Amex: $10,500 | Capital One Kohls Visa Signature: $3,300 | Capital One Quicksilver WEMC: $3,000 | Capital One SavorOne WEMC: $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne WEMC: $3,100 | Capital One Walmart Rewards MC: $1,250 | Express Credit Card: $3,150 | Famous Footwear Credit Card: $650 | FNBO Platinum Visa: $650 | Helzberg Diamonds Card: $3,000 | IKEA Projekt Credit Card: $6,100 | PayPal Cashback WMC: $10,000 | Suncoast Rewards Platinum Visa: $10,000 | Target RedCard: $1,200 | Toyota Rewards Credit Card: $8,000 | Toyota Rewards Visa Signature: $6,000 | Truist Enjoy Cash Visa Signature: $5,000 | US Bank Cash+ Secured Visa: $500 | US Bank Platinum Secured Visa: $500

Lines of Credit

BCU Unsecured LOC 5k | PenFed OD LOC 300

Auto Loan (Reaffirmed)

Navy Federal Auto 7,100 remaining out of 21k

Rebuilding since June 28 2021.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.