Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts after Ch 7 BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts after Ch 7 BK

I filed a Ch. 7 3 years ago after some massive medical bills and as most know had to list every creditor I had, vehicle, credit cards, etc. I kept one visa that I had before the bk, and still have it. I never signed a re-affirmation agreement of any kind and the account was discharged in the bk. I just kept paying on it and using it as I always had. Currently the credit union it is issued through is irritating me with some new games it is playing. What I want to know is being it was discharged, and no re-affirmation agreement ever signed or filed, is there any liability on my part or anything they can do to me in civil court if I just walk away from it? Thanks for any feedback you may offer.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accounts after Ch 7 BK

When you filed your bankruptcy and listed creditors, you also listed amounts owed. THAT amount is what was discharged. And, you say you've kept using the card. Do you mean you've continued to charge on it, or just kept paying it off? I suspect any charges you've accumulated AFTER filing are still your responsibility. When you use a credit card, you are implicitly accepting their terms and conditions for its use which, of course, include repayment.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.