cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts included in BK... removal early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts included in BK... removal early?

I filed Chapter 7 BK  September 2015, Discharged in Dec 2015. The accounts included in BK however show that they are on Average 6 years, 6 months old from date of first deliquency. So I expect them to fall off at the 7 year mark. Is there a way to get them removed from my report now?  6 months early? As I want to apply for a CLI with NFCU in December and maybe it would look better to have them gone by then? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Accounts included in BK... removal early?

You can request an early removal. TU is usually the first to do so at 6 months.  I think Experian will do it around 3 months and Equifax is typically last to allow it.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I say in the letter? just simply ask them to remove? 

Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What should I say in the letter? just simply ask them to remove? 

You dont have to send a letter. Since those accts will be deleted from the DOFD, just wait until 6 months before the expected fall off date, and file a dispute online with the CRA, but in the comment section just say, " I'm not disputing these accts, and they are expected to fall off soon, and Im merely requesting EARLY EXCLUSION on these please". Like previous said...TU will delete 6 months early, EQ and EX 3 months. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for the infoSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.