Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts "included in bankruptcy"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts "included in bankruptcy"

I have some accounts that are showing on my credit report as being "included in bankruptcy". Is there any way that I can get them completely removed from my report? There is one that is a collection account that is showing up as such. HELP! I do not know what to do. I was discharged from Ch. 7 in 11/05 and they are still showing on my credit.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accounts "included in bankruptcy"

Anything included in your bk will remain on your CR for 7 years from DOLA. As long as they say IIB, and that is accurate and true, the information is correct. The BK itself remains for 10 years.

The collection account, if discharged in the BK, should say IIB - and you can dispute that for the sake of accuracy. But I do not think it will make a big difference in your score to change one account from collection to IIB - the damage is done just with the BK on there. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 6
dtown66
Valued Member

If the collection or whatever it is listed....Should it actually read IIB on all 3 bureaus?  What about wage earner plan?....Once its discharged, should it actually state discharged on each tl?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, all discharged accounts should say Included in Bankruptcy 7 or whatever on all three bureaus. May or may not say "discharged" - IIB means the same thing.

I don't know what a wager earner plan is...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The "wage earner plan" is basically a derrogatory mark. Sometimes it's listed like that if it's been included in bankruptcy.
Message 5 of 6
octavia
Regular Contributor

Wage Earner Plan (WEP) is a BK (in my case, BK13).  I have accounts that were IIB listed as WEP.  Every month I mailed a money order to the Trustee for my payment as opposed to having them automatically take from my paycheck.

Octavia.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.