Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts reported post Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts reported post Chapter 7

I did a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, 12/22/2014. have accounts included in that bankruptcy still being reported and of course the late payments that came along with them. Is it not a double hit when they are reporting the bankruptcy as well as the late account? It seems the Chp 7 outweighs the accounts included on it, and therefore should be deleted, leaving only the discharge on your credit for 10 years.

PLEASE, ANY INFO APPRECIATED.

TU: 598 EQ: 598 EX: 613
21 months post Chapter 7
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Accounts reported post Chapter 7

If you included an account/creditor in your bankruptcy, then it could be reported on your credit reports. You just want to make sure that it is reported as being included in your bankruptcy, with a zero balance. If you were late on the account before you filed your bankruptcy, then the late payments would be valid. But they should not report any late payments after your bankruptcy. They do not have to delete an account altogether because it was included in your bankruptcy, not until 10 years anyways. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I guess my logic was saying, it's kinda like if you graduate and obtain a diploma you shouldn't be asked what grades u recieved....The diploma superceides. So it's made to keep you in a never ending hole?!
Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

The IIB accounts will fall off after 7 years from their DoFD. Hopefully that is soon for you Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.