cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the 341 meeting

tag
Caliguy87

After the 341 meeting

Hello Everyone, I've been reading for years and finally decided to create an account. Let me start by saying that I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy in December 2019 and kept up with the payments. Then fast forward to July 2021 and we were blessed with twins which drastically increased our expenses. I immediately contacted our attorney to request a modification because our expenses went up and our dependents changed. Since I initially filed, my income went up and according to my attorney with the new income and the twins if we requested a modification it would more then likely increase my payment. I kept with the chapter 13 as is because I couldn't afford more. Our parants had to help us to make ends meet. Well the inevitable happened, the trustee wanted to modify my original payment of $1795 to $2450 after they saw my taxes. There was no way I could pay that so I contacted my attorney and told him I couldn't pay. Then eventually we voluntarily dismissed the chapter 13 and filed a chapter 7 immediately.

So today we had our 341 zoom meeting and we were 1 of 3 cases the trustee had. We went first and lasted about 25 minutes. The trustee focused a lot of her questions on our home and why we got into credit card debt. Then she questioned the value of our vehicles and said that we down played their value compared to what's the Kelly Blue Book price. We even mentioned all the mechanical problems with the vehicles and provided the estimated cost of repair. The trustee said she wasn't sure about the values listed so she may or may not (her exact words) send someone to verify the value. Then she asked our attorney to email her our contact information in case she decides to send someone. Then she said, "I think I have everything I need to close this matter, thank you, you may leave the meeting." 

I think everything went well except the vehicle values portion. The values weren't exaggerated at all and it's not like the vehicles are anything special, we have a 2006 Corolla and a 2012 Altima. I spoke with the attorney and he said that he provided my contact information as requested but wasn't entirely sure if I'd be called or not because that was out of the ordinary. 

Now I'm just wondering what's going to happen next because from what I've read on the forums no one has mentioned anything similar. I've been checking pacer every couple of hours in case something gets scanned in and nothing so far. I just hope everything turns out well.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Re: After the 341 meeting

No advice to give other than to make sure you take time for yourself and youll be alright. It sounds like your ordeal is almost over. 

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 2 of 9
Caliguy87

Thank you, I will try!

Message 3 of 9
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I have to say that this brings back memories, but mine are (oddly) all good of that time. My attorney was AMAZING, and handled EVERYTHING . It was also obvious to me that he was very highly regarded by the trustee and all the personnel there.

I'm sending good thoughts your way. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 4 of 9
Caliguy87

So here is a little update. About 3 weeks again the trustee sent over an auction company to evaluate my vehicles and prove her with an estimated value if auctioned off. I've been desperately waiting for some sort of boticarios from the trustee or my attorney and nothing. However, I checked Pacer last night and there was two different entries from the Trustee:

1st: Trustee's Notice of Proposed Abandonment of Property. Re: ****** ALL MY VEHICLES LISTED******, filed by TRUSTEES NAME. 

2nd: Trustee's Request to Set Claims Bar Date. filed by TRUSTEES NAME. 

Any idea what this means?

Message 5 of 9
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@Caliguy87 wrote:

So here is a little update. About 3 weeks again the trustee sent over an auction company to evaluate my vehicles and prove her with an estimated value if auctioned off. I've been desperately waiting for some sort of boticarios from the trustee or my attorney and nothing. However, I checked Pacer last night and there was two different entries from the Trustee:

1st: Trustee's Notice of Proposed Abandonment of Property. Re: ****** ALL MY VEHICLES LISTED******, filed by TRUSTEES NAME. 

No idea. I would definitely contact your attorney as soon as possible. 

Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 6 of 9
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@Caliguy87 wrote:

No idea. I would definitely contact your attorney as soon as possible. 

This. 

Your attorney should be guiding you through this and be reasonably available to explain things.

For example, every time I received something I didn't understand, I'd email my attorney, and he, or someone in his office, would get right back to me, explaining things and allaying my fears. One year into my 13, I received a Motion for Dismissal ON April 15th from the Trustee because I hadn't yet filed my taxes. I freaked. I emailed my attorney and he explained it right away. I filed and all was good. I still remember how quickly my heart rate went back to normal after his quick response. 

American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 7 of 9
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

OP, I would be relentless in trying to get feedback from the attorney next week. You paid them for services, they should be responding.

Message 8 of 9
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

OP, I would be relentless in trying to get feedback from the attorney next week. You paid them for services, they should be responding.

🎯 

Truth.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.