Did you mean: 

Alaska Airlines CC post-BK, any hope?

Highlighted
New Visitor

Alaska Airlines CC post-BK, any hope?

Hi- new here.

I did a Ch 7 9/2010.

Included was my Alaska Air/BoA CC (5K)

My current credit score is average (working on that). No late payments or anything. My BK drops off in Sept (!!!!).

I got a little ahead of myself and applied a few months ago and was denied. Reason: BK.

Will that change once it drops of my credit report? I assume BofA will always know since I had credit w/them in BK.

Just wondering if there’s any hope. I’ve seen posts where people talk about repaying... does that happen during the BK process? After? Would it help to just call BofA and ask them?

TIA!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Alaska Airlines CC post-BK, any hope?

I think BOFA will not give u another CC until after 10 years post discharge! 

@Hikermama wrote:
Hi- new here.

I did a Ch 7 9/2010.

Included was my Alaska Air/BoA CC (5K)

My current credit score is average (working on that). No late payments or anything. My BK drops off in Sept (!!!!).

I got a little ahead of myself and applied a few months ago and was denied. Reason: BK.

Will that change once it drops of my credit report? I assume BofA will always know since I had credit w/them in BK.

Just wondering if there’s any hope. I’ve seen posts where people talk about repaying... does that happen during the BK process? After? Would it help to just call BofA and ask them?

TIA!

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Alaska Airlines CC post-BK, any hope?

I got an AK Airlines card after burning them for 5k in Ch 7 in 2013. I started with a secured card for 1k for about a year. When it unsecured I asked for. CLI and they raised my limit to 5k. I then applied for AK Air card and was denied but I called on recon and said I would be happy to give up my current 5k card for the AK card but I wanted the 40k Miles signup bonus. After some back and forth they agreed. They have refused all my requests for a CLI though but I’m still happy as I’m in Seattle and they are my primary airline.
FICO 8: EX-775, EQ-776, TU-770 - [10/9/2020]
FICO 9: EX-804, EQ-843, TU-830 (10/9/2020)
Mortgage: EX-725, EQ-724, TU-744 - [10/9/2020]
NFCU NavChk 15K | NFCU Visa 50K | CapOne Venture Visa 50K | Barclay Aviator MC 12.5K | Discover It 37K | Alliant Visa 25K | BECU CLOC 10K | BofA AK Air Visa 5K |Amazon Prime 10K.
214.5K Total Revolving.
Alliant Auto Loan 2.5K/31K
BK 7 Filed 8/23/2013 - Discharged 11/27/2013.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.