Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally still reporting monthly after bk

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Ally still reporting monthly after bk

So I filed in 2016 and was discharged in July, 2016. I included a lot of stuff, mostly medical, but one car through Ally was also included. I just noticed only 3b report here that ally is still reporting every month, as recently as march, 2017.
It's not updating payment history, but it shows status date march, 2017. It shows open on Equifax, but also says $0 balance and IIB. Is this something g to worry about?
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Ally still reporting monthly after bk

It was on my TU report.   I included them in my Ch 13 and paid them off.  I was dc last September.  Ally reported a balance and lates after the dc.  I had to dispute it with all 3 CRA's.  Because they updated due to the dispute,  FICO was showing my "most recent late" on TU as being 1 month ago.  Look at the breakdown of your scores and see if it is causing it to appear that you have a recent late.  I did a complaint with the BBB and Ally didn't even bother to respond.  I spoke with FICO and TU and had multiple disputes.  It was a nightmare to get fixed.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

That would suck. It's showing the date of last delinquency as April, 2016 which is when I filed for ch7. My scores are still recovering pretty well, so I don't want to poke a bear, just thought it was weird that its reporting something...
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jason0618 wrote:
So I filed in 2016 and was discharged in July, 2016. I included a lot of stuff, mostly medical, but one car through Ally was also included. I just noticed only 3b report here that ally is still reporting every month, as recently as march, 2017.
It's not updating payment history, but it shows status date march, 2017. It shows open on Equifax, but also says $0 balance and IIB. Is this something g to worry about?

I've been discharged 2 years. I had numerous credit cards that kept continuing to report $0/IIB each month with a new status date. One by one most of them quit doing it. The only ones I have left that continue to do it are a few Capital One accounts. It's strange but nothing to worry about as far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@jason0618 wrote:
That would suck. It's showing the date of last delinquency as April, 2016 which is when I filed for ch7. My scores are still recovering pretty well, so I don't want to poke a bear, just thought it was weird that its reporting something...

That's what FICO is showing for all three of your scores?  If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on that.  My Ex and EQ showed my most recent late as almost 6 years ago...it was just TU.  Once I got the account deleted (thank you TU) my score went up.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.