Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 7 Years Since Ch13

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost 7 Years Since Ch13

In 2004, I filed Ch13 BK.  The plan was completed in late 2006, and thankfully, it's been pretty smooth sailing since then.  The BK public record and 4 or 5 derogatory accounts are due to fall off my credit reports over the next 6 months or so.  Will this likely be a painless automatic process, or should I expect some disputes with the CRA's?  Also, how much of a FICO bump can I expect by late summer/early fall, assuming my credit reports are clean by then?  In 09/2010 my FICO scores were as follows:  614 TU, 683 EQ.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost 7 Years Since Ch13

@Anonymous wrote:

In 2004, I filed Ch13 BK.  The plan was completed in late 2006, and thankfully, it's been pretty smooth sailing since then.  The BK public record and 4 or 5 derogatory accounts are due to fall off my credit reports over the next 6 months or so.  Will this likely be a painless automatic process, or should I expect some disputes with the CRA's?  Also, how much of a FICO bump can I expect by late summer/early fall, assuming my credit reports are clean by then?  In 09/2010 my FICO scores were as follows:  614 TU, 683 EQ.  Thanks.

It should be pretty painless procedure for them to drop off.

As far as scoring is concerned it depends on what is on your credit profile. Have you been re-establishing credit? Do you have any open credit still?

Too many factors to determine.

IMO if you have been re-establishing credit and have some positive credit on your reports you will see a gain in your scores. 

From my experience when my last negative came off my reports I gained 83 points on my reports. YMMV

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost 7 Years Since Ch13

I filed Chapter 13 in April of 2004. Last year my Eq score ranged from 695 to 704. My credit report indicated that most of my public records would fall of in April of 2011. Oddly one shows it will fall off in October. I have used MyFico ScoreWatch since last February. I had it setup to notify me when I exceeded 706. On February 4 I got a score alert that my score exceeded my ScoreWatch threshold of 706. When I logged in to check the score I was very surprised to see that my Fico score is now 755. I logged in several times to view the alert just to make sure there was no mistake. I will be interested to see my credit report to determine what changed. My ScoreWatch renews in March so I will see the report then. I look forward to getting above 760.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.