Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Visa

tag
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Amazon Chase Visa

Well, 8 year anniversary of BK will be this summer. I had discharged an Amazon visa in the past. And they finally approved me. I don't know if it is easier to get the Amazon Chase Visa, post BK, or what. I also don't know if this means that I will have a better chance at a Chase card in the future? If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. The rep did mention that the card I had previously charged off was the same card I was applying for. He also asked why I applied for a lot of credit cards. I told him for the rewards. 

So I was approved for 2k, a small amount but still a foot in. And I received a $70 amazon gift card. Has anyone else had positive Amazon Chase experiences post BK (including them in charge off)? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Chase Visa

I don't have chase cards nor did I burn them in BK.....just want to congratulate you getting back in with them!

Message 2 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

$2k from Chase while having a BK on record is a great SL! The Amazon Visa is known for smaller SL's as well. Treat it right and Chase will treat you right Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 9
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I have had no luck getting any Chase cards with my Chapter 13 on my reports.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try to recon? 

Message 5 of 9
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

UncleB, I am so happy for your approval for the Chase Amazon Visa.  Congratulations!

For myself, I am so glad I had not closed the card as I planned to do this month.  No way is it getting closed now.  This will help with the loss of SallieMae.  Whew!  What a narrow escape from what would have been a mistake.

CreditCuriousity, I had no idea that the magic card was the third one from Chase.  Once I have reached the point of being below the 5/24 rule, I plan to apply for my third Chase card.  I did apply for the CSR, but was denied because I was at 5/24.  But now am not sure that is the card I want, afterall.  Have plenty of time to think about it.  And congratulations on your approval for the Chase Amazon Visa, too!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 6 of 9
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Did you try to recon? 

Not yet, I was going to wait for the letter to arrive.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 7 of 9
Takasniper
Valued Member

Question should I even try for this card or any co branded chase card? I am 3 years and 5 months out and did burn chase prior. What would be the likely hood of me getting back in?
Message 8 of 9
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Hey, guys, thanks for the congrats! A little background:

I think I previous burned them for apx. 3k, sadly I do not remember. Smiley Sad 

I tried for this same card last about a year and a half ago. The rep told me "I see you are trying, but give it another year". I mentioned this conversation to the rep who I spoke with. 

I called the recon line as soon as I got the 7-10 message. The rep said that they had received the denial, due to my BK. I am kind of curious how much they see of a credit report, because he then said: "I see you have applied for a lot of credit. Is there a reason you have been applying for so much credit so soon after your bk?"

I have to admit, I was slightly put off by that and said "My BK will be 8 years old this summer, so I do not consider that soon..." I then explained that initially I was applying for credit to help rebuild, but more recently I was applying for rewards. I also pointed out my low utilization, on time payments, etc. He put me on hold, came back and said I was approved. 

My mother in law told me she finally got back in with Chase as well, but they did not approve her until after her BK fell off (which was just last summer). I am just glad I am not blacklisted. 

Now Citi on the other hand, lol...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.