Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charged off Account

tag
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Amex Charged off Account

Hello, Everyone. Need some help here. I had amex account which was charged off in 2010 for $1800. My chapter 7 was discharged on 03/04/2020. I wanted see if I am still blacklisted. Today, When I applied for cash magnet, It was denied but didnt get the explanation until I called CS and they told me 2010 account was included in chapter 7 which I didnt include at all. They are denying me bacause of that 2010 account. I also offered to repay that account but they said they cannot collect on the account which was included in Chapter 7. Has anyone here experienced this before? How can I get back with Amex? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Charged off Account

5+ years after chapter 7 I believe is what people say.

Message 2 of 8
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

But, the account was from 2010. I guess, they automatically included in chapter 7.

Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

If you never paid the charge off then when you filed this would include all your outstanding debts.

I would check your pacer and see if it listed which I am thinking it is?

If that's the case you have quite a bit of time on their blacklist .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

I checked Pacer and its not listed on there.

Message 5 of 8
Amiashu12
Regular Contributor

Ok. I just talked to my attorney and he said because my wife and I filed joint chapter 7, the amex was included and if I had any past accounts with amex, they would be automatically included. Is that right? Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the attorney said it was included. Then your blacklisted for yrs to come. AMEX will let you back in with a paid charge off and you pay it. But BK. Not so much. They were right saying they cant collect. It was a DC'ed debt and that would break the BK laws. They dont approve anyone with a BK for 10 yrs if they got burned until the BK falls off.  Some cases it might be over 10yrs. Non-burned is 5yrs and 1 month.

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes, you are BL for a very long time. Doesn't matter if your BK was 2010, you still burned them. They will think about letting you back in sooner only if the past account has been PIF.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.