Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Bk dismissed.

tag
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Amex and Bk dismissed.

I read this post from another old thread I just had a question.
Pizza Wrote”
Re: Finally!! AMEX approval post-Bankruptcy!
Amex will approve 5 yrs, and 1 mo post filing date. If they were IIB, then thats a toss up, most won't be approved if they weren't paid back, and if they do get approved, its much later down the road.

Congrats on your approval, and getting back in!!!”

My question is the 5 year 1 mo post BK the same rule of thumb for Amex approval if you had a Bk dismissed?

When my score was about 702 I was declined for BK. So I am assuming it’s true I may have to wait until 5 years post dismissed BK?
Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex and Bk dismissed.

@returnofthemack wrote:
I read this post from another old thread I just had a question.
Pizza Wrote”
Re: Finally!! AMEX approval post-Bankruptcy!
Amex will approve 5 yrs, and 1 mo post filing date. If they were IIB, then thats a toss up, most won't be approved if they weren't paid back, and if they do get approved, its much later down the road.

Congrats on your approval, and getting back in!!!”

My question is the 5 year 1 mo post BK the same rule of thumb for Amex approval if you had a Bk dismissed?

When my score was about 702 I was declined for BK. So I am assuming it’s true I may have to wait until 5 years post dismissed BK?

Did you pay back Amex? If so, yes and no. If paid back already, you could apply and see what they say. If youre declined for "BK", you could then call into recon, and state that youve paid them back, and the BK was dismissed all togehter. 

If you didnt pay them back...then it wil be much longer than 5 yrs....could be 7-10+, even longer. They have a long internal memory..

Message 2 of 4
returnofthemack
New Contributor

I have never had an amex. But still being declined for BK.

Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@returnofthemack wrote:

I have never had an amex. But still being declined for BK.

Im going to assume then its the Dismissed BK. When did you file your 13? You could call them and ask for reconsideration, and tell them your BK7 is past their 5 yrs policy, and your BK13 was dismissed. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.