Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blacklist

tag
arbonnetraverse
Established Member

Amex blacklist

Has anyone here been able to get Amex after BK? I burned them for about $7k. Tia!
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex blacklist

When was your BK?

In my case is was 13 years until they let me back in, others have gotten in sooner others are still not able to get in. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 45
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If they were burned, and you don't pay them back, it could be years upon years. They DO Blacklist. Don't even bother applying.

If they were burned, and IIB, and they were paid back, then you're eligible to apply again with them 5 yrs, and 1 mo POST YOUR BK DC. Not any sooner, per AMEX policy, you'll be declined.

If you DID NOT burn them in your BK, its STILL 5 yrs and 1 mo post DC.

I didn't burn them in my BK, and I got 3 cards with them as soon as I could....5 yrs and 1 mo post my BK DC.
Message 3 of 45
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

no hurt in applying if you are in fact 'black listed' as they wont pull credit

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
If they were burned, and you don't pay them back, it could be years upon years. They DO Blacklist. Don't even bother applying.

If they were burned, and IIB, and they were paid back, then you're eligible to apply again with them 5 yrs, and 1 mo POST YOUR BK DC. Not any sooner, per AMEX policy, you'll be declined.

If you DID NOT burn them in your BK, its STILL 5 yrs and 1 mo post DC.

I didn't burn them in my BK, and I got 3 cards with them as soon as I could....5 yrs and 1 mo post my BK DC.

Is that true for ALL types of BK or Ch 7 only?  Just thinking, since many Ch 13 are 60 mos, it might make a difference.

Since I know they use soft pull to prequal, I might try.

Message 5 of 45
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Didn't see any Amex prequal for 7 years post discharge.  Didn't burn them, but I also didn't wan't to take a chance.  Did finally get two Amex cards 7 years later, though.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 6 of 45
getridofccdebt
New Contributor

Not sure why you would want back in with them anyways. IMO I had their platinum card and the customer service was terrible. Nothing at all what I expected from a card that I paid $495 a year for. 

Message 7 of 45
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I got back in American Express 5 years after my CH 7 bankruptcy.  I have 2 personal credit cards, preferred everyday cash and cash magnet, and 1 business, Amazon business.  I did not bum them. They have been nice to me, so I can’t complain at all.

Guyatthebeach

Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for AMEX cash card 1.5 yrs post BK 13 for 2000.00 now trying to get a CLI and they have denied twice saying I filed BK????  What gives...

Message 9 of 45
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex AU to someone with bk

I am I am asking for a friend
Did anyone have a luck to add someone with the bankruptcy as a authorized user to a Amex card ?
And do you need to give the Social Security number
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.