Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CH 13 discharge!!

tag
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Another CH 13 discharge!!

Finally received notice that my CH 13 was discharged just short of 4 months after the anniversary of filing.  The wait for discharge was probably the most frustrating part of the whole process.  I’ve read daily and learned so much from this forum I am now in a good position to buy a home immediately.  I’ve been rebuilding since Jun 2017 and my mortgage scores are EQ 715 TU 728 EX 715 (+12 upon discharge) while my FICO 8 scores are EQ 698 TU 678 EX 677.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Another CH 13 discharge!!

Congrats! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats OP! I have 2 years left and I am finally beginning to see the light at the end fo the tunnel.
Message 4 of 11
mich800
Regular Contributor

You recieved a chp13 discharge in less than 4 months?

Message 5 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

@Mich800 - 5 yrs and 4 months.

@ Corey   Thanks!  I hope you’re time passes quickly and good luck.  The hardest part of waiting was after the last payment.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you tell me what happens towards the end of the ch 13?? I'll be done with my 3 yr term this October and nervous what to expect

@Yeliaba1 wrote:

Finally received notice that my CH 13 was discharged just short of 4 months after the anniversary of filing.  The wait for discharge was probably the most frustrating part of the whole process.  I’ve read daily and learned so much from this forum I am now in a good position to buy a home immediately.  I’ve been rebuilding since Jun 2017 and my mortgage scores are EQ 715 TU 728 EX 715 (+12 upon discharge) while my FICO 8 scores are EQ 698 TU 678 EX 677.  

Message 7 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Miam,

You have nothing to worry about.  The only problem I had was the wait, which gave me time to worry (for nothing).  They sent papers for me to sign and return to my attorney about 1 1/2 months after the last payment. About 5 weeks later, I noticed a bump in Experian and realized it had discharged.  EQ updated less than a week later.  I called and disputed with TU that it was inaccurate as reported and they updated in a day. Congrats!!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry another question...so my last payment is scheduled for October. Does that mean, they wont take it out for November while its pending the discharge papers? Or will the payments continue to be taken out while its pending discharge papers? I hope that makes sense.

@Yeliaba1 wrote:

Miam,

You have nothing to worry about.  The only problem I had was the wait, which gave me time to worry (for nothing).  They sent papers for me to sign and return to my attorney about 1 1/2 months after the last payment. About 5 weeks later, I noticed a bump in Experian and realized it had discharged.  EQ updated less than a week later.  I called and disputed with TU that it was inaccurate as reported and they updated in a day. Congrats!!

Message 9 of 11
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

In my case, they continued to take (2) payments past the point the balance was at zero.  I had to call the trustee's office and they recognized the oversight.  They had to submit paperwork to my employer to stop the process.  They refunded the overpayment.  So you might want to call the trustee's office to ask when is the date of last payment, while subtly reminding them to note when to stop the drafts.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.