cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice from those who've been in this situation before?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Any advice from those who've been in this situation before?

Consulted Atty and bankruptcy Ch 13 only option, it will mean I loose my home so I don't want to do that if at all possible.

I am speaking with several creditors.  NFCU has agreed to a 12 month payment plan which helps temporarily.  Best Buy same 60 month no interest.  Tried to get some to settle, I guess its early on in the process (behind 4-5 months).  American Express has given the account to Alltran who offered to settle at 70% when I countered at 20% they hung up on me, then continue to call at least 5-10 times a day on each of the phone numbers on my account. (I would settle at 40 but wanted to start low).   Is there any one going through this that can give me some advice?  Here is a list of creditors: USAA, NFCU (working with), PenFed (applied for hardship waiting for answer), Synchrony/Lowes, Walmart, Amazon, Bank of America, American Express/Alltran and AAFES/Military Star.  If anyone has had experience with these creditors and can give me advice super!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Contributor

Re: Any advice from those who've been in this situation before?

Are you looking for information on how to negotiate settlements?

If you’re looking for bk7 or bk13 advice from the community more specifics would be needed. Amounts of debts, interest rates, other debts besides credit cards, your location, income etc.
Message 2 of 3
Regular Contributor

Re: Any advice from those who've been in this situation before?

They don't care.  I actually spoke with them a few times.  They just talk in circles with you.  I wouldn't give them to much info on your situation.  Whatever you tell them they will use against you in some fashion.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.