cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone open a Chase bank account after IIB?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone open a Chase bank account after IIB?

I want to take advantage of their free $500 offer. I have never banked with them but did include them in a 2015 BK7. Will I have any issue opening a checking/savings?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone open a Chase bank account after IIB?

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to take advantage of their free $500 offer. I have never banked with them but did include them in a 2015 BK7. Will I have any issue opening a checking/savings?

I had an old WAMU account that became a Chase Visa which I then IIB (Ch. 13).  I was able to open a checking account and they approved me for a Disney Premier Visa.

Message 2 of 5
rooeez
Regular Contributor

The $500 was targeted right? So, if they sent you the invite I would expect it would be factored in and there would be a good chance. I just opened mine up today. Smiley Happy

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 3 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Chase is IIB on my BK7 dc 01/2011. It was a substantial amount. I opened Chase Checking without any hiccups in 2015. But my Chexsystems has always been spotless as far as I know.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Same here, I had 2 Chase CCs IIB for a substantial amount, and opened a checking account in 2015 for a $300 bonus. Both Chex & EWS are clean, so no problem. Just be sure to decline overdraft protection, that's an application for credit & likely a hard pull that will reveal BK.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.