cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree success @ 2mo post BK13, off to the garden I go!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App spree success @ 2mo post BK13, off to the garden I go!

I posted yesterday about my success so far just 2 months post 13 DC.  I'm happy to report I'm off to garden, happily!  

I secured a Sportsmans guide VS thru SCT with 3.5k SL.  Today we were approved for a $5K SL PenFed Powercash Card!  It took several phone calls (no official recon though), agents were nothing short of a pleasure to talk to.  I originally appd for Promise, but CS agent today recommended the powercash.  I had to verify my income with pay stubs, but no big deal to get that card & limit.  

In addition to the 2 above, I had already collected the following: Cap One QS1 $300 SL, Comenity TR $1500 SL, Overstock $8000 & Discover $800 (all unsecured)

I will attempt a CLI on Cap One next month (3rd statement cut), but otherwise am in the garden.  Have wayyyy too many inquiries now because I was declined for quite a few before I started to research what was best odds post BK.  Just happy that there is life after BK!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: App spree success @ 2mo post BK13, off to the garden I go!

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted yesterday about my success so far just 2 months post 13 DC.  I'm happy to report I'm off to garden, happily!  

I secured a Sportsmans guide VS thru SCT with 3.5k SL.  Today we were approved for a $5K SL PenFed Powercash Card!  It took several phone calls (no official recon though), agents were nothing short of a pleasure to talk to.  I originally appd for Promise, but CS agent today recommended the powercash.  I had to verify my income with pay stubs, but no big deal to get that card & limit.  

In addition to the 2 above, I had already collected the following: Cap One QS1 $300 SL, Comenity TR $1500 SL, Overstock $8000 & Discover $800 (all unsecured)

I will attempt a CLI on Cap One next month (3rd statement cut), but otherwise am in the garden.  Have wayyyy too many inquiries now because I was declined for quite a few before I started to research what was best odds post BK.  Just happy that there is life after BK!

Welcome to myFICO! Congratulations on your approvals. Good luck with the upcoming CLI, I will cross my fingers for you.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I can't get the shopping cart trick to work with Sportman's Guide is it possible I just don't meet the qualifications and should try later or is it possible they don't have the right address or something. Can't get this one to work.

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I can't get the shopping cart trick to work with Sportman's Guide is it possible I just don't meet the qualifications and should try later or is it possible they don't have the right address or something. Can't get this one to work.

It looks like you aren't even one month post d/c. I would give it some time. Remember that rebuilding is a marathon and not a race Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.