Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Apple Card

I think I'm going to give up on the Apple card alotogether. I was reading the BK Friendly Creditors thread and saw a number of Apple Card approvals with BK's newer than mine. I went through the Wallet App. Gave me a denial. TU score 754. Stated reason was "You have recently been past due".  Crazy part is I have absolutley zero late payments showing on TU (or anywhere else). Only negative is the BK itself which was discharged 3 years ago. I was looking to replace my BBVA card, will have to think about other options instead. ETA: I did not burn GS in BK

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card

Have you tried the SCT? A lot of others have had success doing so. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 49
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

I thought there was a prequalify app for the Apple Card? I know I just tried it and got denied as well but it was without an inquiry I believe through the Apple site directly. I attempted the SCT. No such luck but I'm 16 months Post Bk and way too many inquiries on my report. 

Message 3 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping to get this card too but have decided to garden until next year when I'm 3 years post bankruptcy and hope for an approval. I think the burning/not burning them thing makes a big difference too.

Message 4 of 49
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for your denial. I've noticed from reading posts on here it has been difficult to get approved for the Apple Card if you have a bankruptcy on your report or issues with a student loan.

I myself had issues with missed payments with a student loan almost 3 years ago.  Every time I applied for this card I was denied for recently being past due.  What finally worked for me was applying using the Apple Cart Trick (ACT).  

Hopefully that can work for you too, if not now then maybe eventually. I was denied 11 times in a row using the wallet app to apply before I finally got approved by using the ACT. Best wishes to you next time you apply!

Message 5 of 49
Honeykissez
Regular Contributor

I was offered the Path to Apple Card when I applied in January. I'm 7 months post bk now and they gave me steps to follow and I can apply again in June. 

Discharged BK 8/5/2020
Fico 8: Ex 537 - Tu 522 - Eq 572

8/5/21: Ex 653 - Eq 669 - Tu 727

Rebuilding: 8/21 Secured nfcu $200 - increased by nfcu on 11/7 to $600 - graduated 2/10 $2,000 ~ 9/10 Secured Discover It $200 - graduated 4/22 $1,800 ~ 12/8 Mercury MasterCard $750 unsecured ~ 4/8 Target $1,200 ~ 5/2 Apple Card $850 ~ 5/31 Quicksilver $2000 ~ 8/7 Nfcu Go Rewards $12,500
Message 6 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chapter 7 will be 3 years old in May.  After appying about twice a week for the last few months (apple card is a soft pull if you are declined), Apple finally gave me a card.   It's weird beacuse nothing had changed on my reports.   At time of approval, TU was 660.

Just wanted to add a data point for those interested.

Message 7 of 49
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Apple Card is so weird. I even tried the SCT to get it but nothing. Oh well. Now they are saying cause I applied a bunch of times before they don't recognize my info. I'm giving it another several months before trying again. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 49
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

I tried back in 07/2020 and was denied with a 9.5 year old BK7 and TU at 745.  Got a TU EE in 09/2020 and was approved for $1500 at 23.99%, but I didn't take it.  Tried again in 02/21 post BK7 falling off and TU at 816.  Preapproved $1500 at 15.99%.  Didnt' take it again.  Really wanted the card back last summer when I was looking at a new computer.

GS seems to be a tricky one.  Plenty of people getting smaller SL but then getting good CLI after a few months of usage.  If the rumoured 2021 Macbook Pros are under $1500 USD, I'll take the preapproval and build it up. Smiley Very Happy

R.I.P Cards 

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried once a month for a year and had a huge list of denial reasons. Had collections.(started credit rebuilt 5 years into the 7 it takes to clear out unpaid collections)  Had discover(600 secured, graduated to $1000) for a year and cap1($300cl, increased to $400) for 8 months.

So basically, two car loans(13k,20k), 3 personal loans(about $6k total), 2cc and Valero gas card.  All but one month(the one month most were maxed out)  paid in full except gas card usually 30-50% paid reported to equifax only.  Was never offered the pathway to  card.  I guess they just wanted me to keep doing what I'm doing.  It said high loan balances which were not much lower by time they accepted me and offered $1500 at 21%apr. credit karma shows 40 on time payments (100%). I always put $41k as income. When I got accepted I had put $43k. 3rd year apprentice electrician. Oh yeah, and it said we are reviewing your file the last time when it didn't automatically say no. Took a day or two before I got the offer. 

I also feel like they just accept so many at a time. Or maybe it's the fact I applied later at night on weekend.  

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.