Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply then cancelled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply then cancelled

I filled chapter 7 bankruptcy January 31st. 341 is the 27th of this month.
I was doing pre-qualifications. So I would start getting offers.
Credit one was the only one who showed anything. ( The others were a week ago) I had a moment of "feel good" as it's been awhile and was approved for their platinum visa. I then immediately realized my mistake and called and cancelled. Was this wrong to do? I just don't want to "jump the gun" although I kinda did in a sense.
It pulled Experian and shows a credit score of 598 currently. So I think post discharge I will be in a good position to get better cards.
I have capital one secured $200 that will be llB charged off over a year ago. Only credit card. With the exception of first premier who was a charge off and fell off my credit like 5 yrs ago.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply then cancelled

At my 341 they asked me if I had taken on any debt or signed any contracts since filing. Not sure if my answer mattered but I was happy to be able to say no.
Message 2 of 5
mavric
New Contributor

As long as you don't activate thay credit card your good.  If asked, you don't have any new credit.

When you activate ,that's when your credit starts.

Message 3 of 5
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Activating a card is just proving that you received it. They don't even re-ask you to confirm the Cardholder agreement.
2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically, the account is opened the moment you are approved. That is why consumers can get an alert of new accounts before they receive the card, before activation. 

Creditone can be the exception. 

Just be careful in the future op. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.