Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Capital One QS1

tag
bman86
Regular Contributor

Approved Capital One QS1

I'm approximately three months post d/c Ch 7. Currently I have the Capital One Platinum card with a $400 CL. I asked for a CLI about two months ago and was given a hefty $100 and was given an offer to upgrade the card to the regular QS.

I just app'd for the QS1 and was given a $3,000 SL. Can I ask CO to combine the QS and QS1 cards? Would there be a downside to doing this? How often can you CLI on a card from CO?

Curently my scores are EQ: 670 TU: 630 EX: 661

Current Cards

Discover IT Secured $200

Capital One QS $400

Capital One QS1 $3,000

Well Fargo Home Builder Line of Credit $11,500

Citi Costco Card (AU) $5,500

Util is <10%

2 REPLIES 2
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved Capital One QS1

@bman86 wrote:

I'm approximately three months post d/c Ch 7. Currently I have the Capital One Platinum card with a $400 CL. I asked for a CLI about two months ago and was given a hefty $100 and was given an offer to upgrade the card to the regular QS.

I just app'd for the QS1 and was given a $3,000 SL. Can I ask CO to combine the QS and QS1 cards? Would there be a downside to doing this? How often can you CLI on a card from CO?

Curently my scores are EQ: 670 TU: 630 EX: 661

Current Cards

Discover IT Secured $200

Capital One QS $400

Capital One QS1 $3,000

Well Fargo Home Builder Line of Credit $11,500

Citi Costco Card (AU) $5,500

Util is <10%

As far as I know you can ask for a CLI once every 6 months from Capital One and a new account has to be at least 3 months old. They can combine limits but only if both the cards are on the same network. If your Platinum was upgraded to QS then it should still be MasterCard (applying for the QS with a fresh application gets you a VISA if approved). I think they offer the QS1 only on MasterCard so it might be possible in your case.

I'm curious, did you have your Platinum from before the discharge? I was under the impression you can only apply for a new card with Capital One once every 6 months.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Capital One QS1

I was under the impression of apping for a card from them once every six months as well. I got the platinum credit builder card in November, a month before my discharge and I tried getting the QS card but they auto declined based on recent app. I'm waiting till my six months with them, get the auto credit increase then ill be apping for their QS card. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.