Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved (finally) for Cap 1!

tag
jenne223
New Contributor

Approved (finally) for Cap 1!

Hi all.  So, after reading many success stories on here regarding getting Cap1 post bk I decided to try.  I tried 2x in October and November and was not approved (but no credit check).  I had burned 2 Cap1 cards post bankruptcy.  I tried today after reading the success of another community member.  No prequal offer, but I decided to go with the regular platinum card and was approved for $1000!  I think because earlier this month I was approved for Credit One for $1500 may be why.  I took CreditOne because Cap1 denied me twice.  I have an SDFCU secured card $500, opened an account with NFCU (was denied their card last month), got CreditOne $1500 and now Cap1.  So, I will sit tight for now, but just wanted to share.

Thanks for your help!  (My discharge was 4/2016, but just read the 700 in 24 post bankrupty guidelines.  So was not able to follow completely)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved (finally) for Cap 1!

Congrats on your approval!!!!

Message 2 of 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@jenne223 wrote:

Hi all.  So, after reading many success stories on here regarding getting Cap1 post bk I decided to try.  I tried 2x in October and November and was not approved (but no credit check).  I had burned 2 Cap1 cards post bankruptcy.  I tried today after reading the success of another community member.  No prequal offer, but I decided to go with the regular platinum card and was approved for $1000!  I think because earlier this month I was approved for Credit One for $1500 may be why.  I took CreditOne because Cap1 denied me twice.  I have an SDFCU secured card $500, opened an account with NFCU (was denied their card last month), got CreditOne $1500 and now Cap1.  So, I will sit tight for now, but just wanted to share.

Thanks for your help!  (My discharge was 4/2016, but just read the 700 in 24 post bankrupty guidelines.  So was not able to follow completely)

Congratulations on yor Capital One approval. Don't feel bad about getting declined by them. I burned them in my bankruptcy too. The first time I apped with Capital One, I was denied. It was over a year later before I was approved for a Quicksilver.

I started my rebuild process before I read Soulmaster's 700 in 24 months too. I had 2 secured cards. I was able to get one to graduate to an unsecured visa and closed the othet after having it for over a year.  It's just a guide. Trust me you can get rid of the Credit One with in a year. If you use the SDFCU Visa wisely, that will graduate in a year or so. 

Have gotten your credit rebulder loan yet? If not go with SDFCU. They're a good credit union. They're conservative compared to NFCU, but I've gotten auto CLI's and preapproved for 4500 unsecured loan over the last year with them.

Good luck!

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, jenne223! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats great news! Congratulations on the approvals, and your rebuild! Use them wiselySmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
jenne223
New Contributor

thank you. i have sudent lons, so i didnt apply for any more loans.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.