Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Cap 1 Plat unsecured.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Cap 1 Plat unsecured.

A little over a month out of CH7 I was approved for an unsecured platinum. I've been trying their prequal every week with no returns. I applied once a few weeks after DC and was denied. I got an email from credit karma about cards I would like. They were all secured as usual but the cap1 unsecured was in there. So I checked the pre qual again and nothing. I applied and it got approved with a $300 cl. It's a start I suppose. I just put $500 down towards a Discover IT, and tomorrow I'm gonna try for a NFCU $500 secured card.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Cap 1 Plat unsecured.

Congrats on the approval and good luck with your rebuild there.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, it's a step in the right direction. I was starting to think this bk wasnt a good thing because I got denied for a few store cards, a cap1,and secured cards. This atleast gives me a glimpse of light at the very end of a long tunnel lol.
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the forum. You headed in the right direction now.. I'd stop at the 3 cards for now and let them grow. Stay away from store cards. They all HP now anyway. If you dont have an installment loan. Check out self lender. Then you'll be set for a while. If you didnt burn Disco. Try their pre-qual in 6 months.

Now the Cap1 card. After 3 statements clear. Go online and ask for a CLI. Its a SP. Month 4 find the upgrade link on the site and get the QS upgrade for cash back. Stay away from the QS1. Then credit steps will kick in. Use you 3 cards and use the AZEO or all zero except one reports a balance of say 10 bucks. Your on your way now.

Message 4 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and good luck with your rebuild!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a NFCU secured card yesterday for 1k. I have 2 car payments reporting. I also did 100 days same as cash for 1k around Christmas that's reporting. I'm getting ready to pay that off in the next few weeks. I have a decent income, so I really dont need the cards but I knew I needed some stuff to start building my score back up. I figured I might use the cap one for a few very small purchases like gas a few times a month just to show some love for when I want a cli or product change. I bank with NFCU now and I'll probably use it quite a bit.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.