cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Nordstrom Signature Visa 1yr post bk7 discharge.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Nordstrom Signature Visa 1yr post bk7 discharge.

Hello all!

I just wanted to say today is my 1 yr discharge date, and I've applied for the nordstrom store card, got a call in to verify more information message. The rep went over my details, and said 'congratulations, youve been approved for the Nordstrom Signature Visa card, w/ a starting limit of $2k!" . I am STOKED. I couldn't get the debit card back in the day, and I worked for B of A. This is my largest card to date. I've been working so hard on my credit this year. I was pre approved for another card from Credit one with a $800, no pull on my scores, so I took it a week ago, and Capitol One gave me a $100 increase also no pull, so to get such a limit is a major goal for me. Pre Bankruptcy my scores were in the 400's Post filing it actuall rose to the 500's, and now my highest score is 655, mid is 634 lowest is 625!! I never had a card pre filing, just collections from tons of medical bills. I also have 2 dismissed ch 13 bks ( the second was converted to ch.7). So this is for anyone who feel they can't move up. I have!! Yes my scores are still small, but they are a BIG deal for where I've come from!! I own my home outright, no debt, and I have decent income ( just under 100k), just got really sick and sometimes things happen to good people. I am better healthwise, and now my finances are starting to reflect that!!!  I also was fortunate enough to keep my home during ch7, that I have NO debt on!! So this is to say the tide has turned, and the advice I've taken lurking these forums years before has worked in my favor, w/my own tweeking of course!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Nordstrom Signature Visa 1yr post bk7 discharge.

Congratulations!!  Nice job on your rebuild.  Continue the good work and before you know it, scores in the 700's will be around the corner.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! Happy to read your story and see that your hard work is paying off. 

Message 3 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

FicoPanthera,

Congratulations on being in good health and surviving 2 bankruptcies!  You're Gucci AF with that Nordy Visa.  That card has some good benefits, like being able to make payments for the Visa in the store. That card is backed by TD Bank and it's hard for a good number of people to ever get approved for the Visa version. Also their CLI's are SP and you can ask for one every 4 to 6 months.  After I had my Nordy Visa, I started to be preapproval offers from TD Bank.

With you being a year out of your bankruptcy, you are actually in a good place. Your FICO scores with go up over time. Just keep up what you're doing.

There are a couple of things you can do if you want to. Check to see if the local and regional banks have preapproved credit card offers on their website. For example in the Southeast, BB&T and Regions Bank have preapproval offers where you won't take a HP. Also you may want to add a checking line of credit for overdraft protection. This will add an additional tradeline to improve your credit mix and will probably never need to use.

Just let cards age nicely and you will be in the 700 Club before you know it. Keep us posted on your updates.

Guyatthebeach

Message 4 of 12
jmos
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your sucess!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmos Thank you so much!! 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcraft Thank you for the congrats & I surely  hope so 🙏.  The first time I see a 700, you will know!! 😁

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmos Thank you so much, I am too! I've heard so many people say I shouldn't have filed and that I'd never be credit worthy again ( including bankers). So this is exciting and such a relief !

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach Thank you so much, especially for the advice!! I live walking distance to a Regions and the other two aren't too far, so I'll definitely check those out!!! I'll keep you posted. 😊

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thank you 😊!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.